Part 5 - Misunderstanding 💔 (A)

Alice wakes up to the sun shining through a peep in the window, and find the pillow next to hers empty again.

Alice (thinking) - Is he off preparing another surprise?

She wipes the sleep from her eyes and stretch before sitting up to look around the room.

Alice (thinking) - No rose petals? Hmm, not to worry.

She slides out of bed and open the curtains, but the terrace was also empty.

Alice - Kanwar?

No response. Her heart sinks and before she could take in the reality, her phone rings. Alice's face lits up and immediately pick up her phone.

Alice (to herself) - Ugh, Mohit.

Suddenly, it dawns on her that she and Kanwar never exchanged numbers.

Alice (to herself) - This can't be happening.

She drops onto her bed and stare at the ceiling, heart pumping loudly as she tries to figure out what to do.

Alice - Akshay!

She quickly freshens up & goes to the restaurant.

Alice (to herself) - This is the only connection I have to Kanwar.

Waiter - Good morning ma'am ! To what do we owe the pleasure?

Alice - Good morning . I was wondering if I could see Chef Akshay?

Waiter - One moment.

She anxiously wait for Akshay and when he swings open the kitchen doors, she doesn't gives him a moment to greet her .

Alice - Akshay! Have you talked to Kanwar today? He was gone when I woke up and I didn't know what to do! I've asked the hotel front desk but no one saw him or had a note for me.

She stares at Akshay who is wearing a blank look on his face. He sighs.

Akshay - Kanwar hasn't contacted me either, Alice, I'm sorry.

The weight of Kanwar disappearing without a word falls on her, and tears swell up in her eyes.

Alice - So, he was just fooling me this entire time? You're telling me that he didn't care about me? At all?

Akshay - Let me call him for you.

Alice - No! I don't want to hear his voice ever again!

Alice (thinking) - After knowing everything Vikky put me through, he still did that to me!

Akshay - Are you sure? You seem very distressed.

Alice - Because I believed it when he said I was more than a holiday fling! God, I'm so stupid!

Akshay - There is no excuse for what Kanwar did, but he does have a complicated life, Alice.

Alice - That isn't helpful.

Akshay - Here.

Akshay hands over a card to Alice with a name scribbled on the back of it.

Akshay - This is the name of his restaurant in Milwaukee. Consider it a just in case.

Alice - Just in case he hasn't hurt me enough.

But still, she took the card and tried to calm herself down.

Alice - Thank you, Akshay. I guess I'll see you.

Akshay - Take care, Alice.

########################################

BOOM !!!!!!!!

New twist!!!!!!!

Ab socho ki KD bhai kaha gaye ?

Tab Tak ke liye byeeeee ❤️❤️

Love ~~

Raavi ❤️

(490words😁😁)