Masters of Spinjitzu (Part 1)

Kai had been training with Wu for days, and still, his so-called "master" didn't think he was ready, and the brunette was beyond frustrated. His sister was who knows where, and he was unable to rescue her because the old man still hadn't taught him Spinjitzu!

But still, as Kai brooded over this, it was nighttime, and Wu was undoubtedly asleep, so there was no use barging in on the old man's slumber. There would be plenty of time for that in the morning. After all, Wu had said that his final test was taking place tomorrow.

Kai was brushing his teeth, unaware of the strange shadows in the rafters above, before he finished and remembered the old master's words.

"Oh, yeah? Well take that!" He spun around to brandish his electric toothbrush like a sword, spinning around in a mock-fight with an imaginary enemy.

He did this several times before spinning once more, only to find himself face-to-face with another person, clad completely in black and, while momentarily stunned by Kai's choice of weapon, glared at him and held a really sharp-looking scythe.

Three more black-clad shadow people had leapt down from the beshadowed rafters without Kai's knowledge to surround him, each with weapons of their own.

"Whoops," was all Kai could say before they all brandished their weapons.

One came up behind him and Kai shoved his toothbrush in his mouth, surprising him. He spat out the brush, only for Kai to duck and the unlikely projectile to hit one of his comrades, knocking him out. The toothbrush then flew up and landed down the back of the scythe-waving one, making him vibrate in place.

Kai made a quick getaway, dodging the fourth shadow and leaping up into the rafters. He ran mere feet before the second shadow (the one that got the toothbrush in his mouth) darted up in front of him, aiming for a kick, which Kai deftly dodged. The result of that was his opponent stopping after a second and falling through the open ceiling of another room.

Kai laughed at him before getting tackled by the scythe-waving shadow, sending him straight through the roof. He flew a ways before landing in the courtyard, his back hitting the dragon sculpture that controlled the training course.

The four shadows landed in the courtyard and the fourth one spotted Kai, who stood up and hit the red button in the sculpture, activating the training course.

The cardboard training dummies rotated on their axis, taking out the third shadow (who was wielding nunchucks), while the weighted logs spinning from the center pole took out the second shadow.

The first shadow ducked the other log, while Kai came in, riding the second log. Kai's log hit the first shadow, knocking him down and landing Kai in between the four shadows.

The fourth one attempted a hit first, only to be punched in the face by Kai. Fists and kicks flew, but no one could quite tackle their opponent(s). Two came flying and kicked Kai in the face, only for Kai to step on the fourth shadow's toe.

A headlock and dogpile later, the five stopped fighting at the sound of Master Wu yelling "Enough!" as the old man exited the building. The four shadows got off of Kai and bowed, saying, "Yes, sensei."

Kai looked at his attackers in confusion. "Wait a minute. They're your students, too?" At Wu's nod, Kai continued, "This was my final test, wasn't it?"

He was, however, interrupted by the third shadow, who said, "Whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa. Ha, ha. You never said anything about a fourth. It's always three. Three blind mice, three musketeers, three-"

"I am standing, right here, moron." the fourth shadow said slowly, voice slightly hoarse from Kai's punch to the throat, crossing his arms with a quiet huff.