Masters of Spinjitzu (Part 3)

Sorry for not updating for a while, I've been working on some other stuff, as well as helping my mom homeschool my younger siblings. I've also decided to separate the rest of the pilot episode into their own chapters, such as the discovery of each of the Elemental Weapons. Enjoy!

A small ship made its way through the cracks of an icy maze, its deck slick with frost and foggy from the warmth of the occupants' breath.

"I spy something... white." Cole, who was steering the ship, sighed at Jay.

"Could you try to be quiet for once? This ain't easy," he gestured to the wheel of the ship. Jay was about to fire off something snarky before the hull of the ship scraped against an ice float, causing the two to wobble before Cole took the helm again.

"Uh, I spy something broken." Jay supplied unhelpfully, causing Willow to groan from where she sat above them. Meanwhile, below the three, Kai and Zane stood by the railing, Kai shivering and Zane seemingly unaffected by the weather.

"If Sensei knows the way to the next Golden Weapon," Kai paused to attempt to warm up before gesturing to the old man, who was standing on the bow of the ship. "Why isn't he steering the ship? We've been drifting aimlessly for miles."

Zane replied with calm finality, "Sensei's wisdom is beyond my own." It was then that Wu spoke, gaining the attention of all of his students.

"The most powerful move in Spinjitzu can only be accomplished, when all five elements are combined." He spun down and began to recite a number of movements. "Earth, Ice, Fire, Wind, Lightning!"

Willow nodded, for she was familiar with this teaching, until Jay asked, "Uh, what happens when all of them are combined?"

"The Tornado of Creation," Willow replied, quoting one of Wu's scrolls, causing her master to nod. "The power to create something, out of nothing." As she explained this, Wu seemed to conjure a tea cup from out of nowhere.

As she watched her master, Willow heard Kai attempting to copy Wu, only for the old man to scold the red ninja. "No, Kai. If done incorrectly, it will lead to disastrous consequences."

"Disastrous consequences, right." Kai scoffed as he continued, only for the deck they were standing on to lurch as the ship hit a snowbank on the shore, the others (save Wu and Willow) falling down once the deck halted.

As the ship settled once more, the sails froze solid from the ship's contact with an icy torii that sat before them. Up on the higher deck, Cole released his grip on the wheel and said, "Uh, wasn't me."

"Did I do that?" Kai asked in a daze, looking at his hands, only for Wu to reply, "No. We are here."

The ninja all got up and looked past the torii to see a huge mountain made of fallen ice plates. The Temple of Ice.

{_-_}

Leaving their master with the ship just in case, the five ninja trekked to the mountain, passing under three more torii before they entered the mountain.

The icy walls were very tall, Willow noted as the group continued, the boys looking above them as they walked.

"Whoa, looks like someone's already been here." Cole stated, before they entered a room that was wider than the hallway. In the center, just hanging there beneath an open dragon's mouth, were the two Shurikens of Ice.

"The Shurikens!" Zane gasped as the ninja gathered beneath. The white ninja's eyes narrowed and the group helped him onto their shoulders so that he could reach the weapons.

Unfortunately, the weapons froze Zane into a block of ice and awoke the dragon guarding them. As the ice ceiling that had contained the dragon for years finally shattered from the dragon's movements, the four remaining ninja hefted ice block Zane above their heads and ran out with Jay in the lead.

The boys screamed as they ran past countless pillars of ice, the people frozen inside long dead, as the dragon chased the four ninja outside.

Once they breached to the outside, trapping the dragon in the mountain, the four leapt onto ice block Zane and rode it all the way down the slope, back to the ship.

Steering the ice block was not fun, especially once they crashed into the first torii and the ice shattered around Zane, briefly freeing him before the group all landed on top of him.

With countless "ows" from everyone, Wu stood on the shore and pulled out the map of weapons. Once they'd regrouped, Jay pointed out that the Nunchucks were the next weapons on the list.

So for those not in the know, a torii is a Japanese gateway used specifically for shrines and temples, "as a symbol to mark the transition from the normal everyday to the sacred". Which, considering the location of the Shurikens, I'd say that mountain was a temple before Wu used it to hide the weapon. We also see similar torii at the Temple of Fire, so a cool design choice on the creators' part. Thank you for reading!

[Edit] I also decided to add the pictures of the locations of the weapons.