Chapter 3: Settling In

Story: Little Dragon

Authors Note: Hey guys! I am so happy that you're all enjoying this so much! Your constant favorite, follow and reviewing is driving me to type like the wind! In fact, I think the only reason this chapter wasn't up a few days ago was the interference happening with my life. This was still completed WAY ahead of schedule though! Enjoy! Oh, and before I forget! This chapter contains a little treat in the form of a dream. Nothing graphic so no need to skip over it. Enjoy~! ;)

Disclaimer: ~stands in front of dozens of various press reporters~ I would like to take this moment to state that I FCTSyndrome, or Favorite Character Torture Syndrome, do not, nor have I ever, owned nor claimed to own the wonderful world of Harry Potter. Thank you. ~gets onto a helicopter and flies away~
_________________________________________

Molly hummed as she placed the last bowl of vegetables on the dining room table with a small smile. She was so happy that Harry was adjusting so well to his surroundings. Merlin only knew what that poor boy had been through at the hands of his relatives, her only comfort was in the fact that Bill and Charlie had had the foresight to get him checked over at St. Mungos.

With one last quick scan of the tables spread Molly moved through the kitchen and into the living room taking a moment to happily absorb the scene.

Arthur and Bill were sitting on the couch quietly talking as they watched over the exploding snap tournament that seemed to be happening. Currently it looked like Harry, being aided by Charlie, was playing against Percy much to her surprise. It looked like Harry was able to bring out the more fun side of Percy.

Waiting patiently until the final move of the game was made Molly finally made her presence known.

"Dinner is ready, come in and have a seat at the table. Harry I have your potions laid out in front of your seat make sure to take them before you eat."

"Yes ma'am," Harry said as a blush covered his face. He wasn't used to anyone taking care of him still, in fact these past few days seemed like nothing but a dream to him. But that didn't help the nagging guilt he had at making Mrs. Weasley cook instead of him. Ignoring the feeling for now Harry instead focused on the glowing warmth that spread through him at the feeling of being cared for.

As the family began to make their way into the kitchen Harry couldn't help but be astonished at what had been accomplished in such a short time. A meal that would have taken him all day had only taken the matron a mere two hours!

On the table was a veritable feast, but before Harry could truly take it all in and get over his shock Molly was ushering him to his seat that had two potions sitting before it, one a pale blue and the other a deeper shade of purple, both with labels proclaiming them to be an appetite stimulator as well as a nutrient potion.

As Harry sat down he realized that he had been placed between Arthur and Charlie, both of whom had automatically reached out to uncork the vials of potions.

Passing his over first Charlie made sure that Harry had a decent grip on the vial before letting it go and murmuring the only advice that could be given to one who had to take a potion.

"It's best to just swallow it quickly and get it over with. They're vile enough as is let alone trying to sip one down."

Nodding his head in determination Harry took a deep breath before quickly tipping his head backwards and gulping down the extremely bitter liquid before quickly doing the same with the one that Arthur handed him followed by three large gulps of the pumpkin juice Molly had gently pressed into his hands.

A few seconds passed as Harry let out a shudder before proclaiming in the loudest voice he had managed to muster yet, "I hate potions."

After that dinner proceeded normally, or as normally as could be while at the Burrow.