Chapter 14: Retribution

Story: Little Dragon

Author Note: So I am completely exhausted but I felt like writing anyways. It's not a good idea for me to give in and sleep at the moment. Anywhozles~! I have decided on being nice to my darling Harry for this chapter! Enjoy~! ^-^

Disclaimer: I don't own this but I did own the Harry Potter spam I dominated my friends' dashboards with on September 1st. Even if they weren't my pictures. ~sigh~ Woe is me, woe is life. -.-
_________________________________________

Charlie had kissed him. Charlie had kissed him! Not just a simple kiss on the forehead like all of the times before either but a real kiss! A real and true kiss on the lips!

Absentmindedly Harry lifted one small hand to gently rest against his bottom lip as he continued up the various staircases and finally into the library.

Still in a daze Harry took his seat and took no notice of his friends' curious inquiries and questions of just what had happened or if he was all right.

Minutes passed by and it seemed as though no one were going to make any progress. That is, until Hermione decided to use her quill.

The pointed end which was already loaded up with plenty of ink...

One quick poke to Harry's forehead and his attention was effectively snapped back to the situation at hand.

"Wha-what was that for 'Mione?" Harry asked shocked as he looked in confusion between his friends' snickering faces.

"Oh, nothing Harry," Hermione practically sang as she pointed her quill at him warningly, "Just that you've been zoned out and ignoring us for the last fifteen minutes is all. What happened? You're usually not like this."

"Oh!" Harry said shocked before a blush crossed over his cheeks and his fingers yet again rested on his lips as though he could still feel the soft weight against them. "N-nothing... Happened? Just, uh, just a visit from Charlie is all."

"Charlie was here?" Ron asked before Hermione could call him out on his obvious embarrassment. "Why was Charlie here? I though he would be in Romania by now?"

"Oh, he was. When he heard about Scab-Peter he decided to come make sure that I was okay."

"Did you tell him about that Cedric bloke?" Neville piped up from across their small table and he leaned forward to better examine Harry's eyes going wide in shock and slight panic, "You forgot didn't you?"

"Maybe?" Harry asked sheepishly as he put his head down on his arm. "This might be better though, I'll just write it down in his note and then he'll know but won't be able to... Do any damage."

"That sounds like a good idea to me Harry," Hermione said with a smile and for a moment Harry almost thought that she was willing to let his behavior go. Almost. "That still doesn't tell us what exactly happened to make you zone out like that though, let alone cause that blush."

"Um..." How exactly was he supposed to answer that? Well, I just got kissed by my soul mate and it was amazing? That wouldn't work. "Well... You see..."

"Harry?" Neville asked in concern as he watched his friends' face turn steadily more and more red. "Are you okay?"

"I-I'm fine, it's just..." Cue a deep breath here, "IkissedCharlieorwellhekissedme!"

"What?"

"Charlie kissed me. Right before he left."

"Really? What was it like?" Hermione asked as she moved so that Harry had no choice but to look her in the eyes.

"It was... Really nice." Harry said as he thought back on it...

Their time was up and it was time for Charlie to go. As they slowly made their way towards the now empty grate Harry couldn't help but feel as though something big were about to happen.