chapter 45

Story: Little Dragon

Authors Note: Hello my darlings! I am so glad that you are all continuing to enjoy this story, it makes my heart so happy to read your comments and see your involvement! I have also loved being able to interact with you all more on the Facebook page! I have actually been more active on it lately than I have my own personal page!

So, here is a chapter covering some of the happenings for the summer and leading up to Harry's second year at Hogwarts! As always I have some plot twists and different plans going on in my head since lots of canon has already effectively been changed. So, as always I want to hear from you guys! What do you think this next year will bring? What will be the same and what will be different?

The chapter is a little short but I felt like it was a good ending point and I really wanted to get something out for you all! So, enjoy my darlings!

Special Announcement: I have decided to switch my Facebook page into a Facebook profile for ease of use so that I will actually be able to use it and interact! Come friend me on Facebook at Ashton Mason (My pseudonym), or at Facebook dot com /Ashton. mason .5686

Disclaimer: I don't even own the chains that are keeping me attached to my laptop as I write... I also totally do not need for someone to call the cops to rescue me. I am not being held hostage by my Muse Master Pika in any way... Totally.
_________________________________________

Previously On the little dragon: "In the last chapter, it is learned that Minerva is now Headmistress and Protector of Hogwarts, finding out about everything Albus has done. And oh boy is it bad. Harry is ready to go back to his family, which is still new to him but Charlie makes it all better. Albus is throwing a fit about the "unjustness" of it all and how his pawns are going against him, and it is causing him to seek out "friends". What will happen next?" - Guest Reviewer
_________________________________________

Groaning Minerva rubbed at the aching muscle in her neck. The children had all been safely escorted home, the school swept through for any remaining people or pets, even the school owls had taken roost in the Forbidden Forest for the time being as the goblins went through every nook and cranny to see what needed to be done.

There were only six weeks until the next school year began, with the use of the Time-Turner, Minerva could stretch those six weeks into twelve. She already had it worked out in theory. She was to split her time between the Head's office and her own private chambers. The plan was for her to spend the day in the Head's office and the school itself, this would let her work with the others to bring Hogwarts back to her former glory. At the end of the day, she would enter either her old chamber or the Head's private chambers which were attached to the office through a doorway that was tucked into a corner of the room. Once in the chambers, she would use the time turner to turn back time and then sleep. While the day re-progressed, she would read through the Charters, rules, and notes on what she would need to know in order to properly run the school. She would also use this time to converse with the Three Pillars to get their own insights and knowledge. Then the cycle would continue again.

This would continue for the remainder of the summer. Hopefully, that would be enough time to get the main issues resolved.

With yet another steadying breath Minerva continued to sort through the multitude of paperwork that rested in large stacks beside her. Just how was it that Albus had managed to either shift his responsibilities onto her or ignore them entirely? It was truly astounding to her!

Student applications, scholarship requests, scholarship and orphan stipend grants, extracurricular club requests, elimination of 'unnecessary educational classes', employment contracts...