Chapter 2 Part 1: Escaping Expulsion

3rd POV

  Outside of the Owl House, Eda and Lilith sat in desks as Hooty smashes his face into a steel bucket three times.

  "Light in the darkness, a glittering bridge of ice, the mightiest tree in the forest!" Luz's voice booms out, "you can make all these, and more, with glyph magic! Welcome to day three of Luz's and (Y/n)'s magic boot camp!"

  (Y/n) and Luz posed as fire shot into the air behind them. Unfortunately, King was sleeping near one, screams and runs away when it goes off.

  Despite the mess up, Lilith cheered and clapped while Eda is carving something into the desk she's using.

  "Okay, we have covered every glyph I've learned up until now. So today, we'll learn something new," Luz says as she stands next to a white board.

  "Are we about to encounter a never-before-seen glyph?" Lilith asked with excitement.

  "Uh... unfortunately no," (Y/n) clears her throat. "These four either came from nature or another witch's spell. We don't know where to find more or if there is more out there."

  Lilith and Eda stare at each other.

  "In any case," Luz starts. "Today we're learning how to alter glyphs to do specific things!"

  Lilith raised a hand, "miss teacher, did I do it right?" Lilith holds up a diagram of ice glyphs.

  (Y/n) smiles, "yeah! Well done Lilith! Let's see how you're doing, Eda."

  Eda has carved a fire and ice glyph, messily overlapping each other on the table.

  Luz looks at it with concern, "I—I don't think that's such a good—"

  "Double glyph combo, go!" Eda slaps on the glyphs, they started flashing, then explode. "Oh dang, I was hoping more of an ice blast situation."

  "I know you're impatient to get your powers back," Luz points out. "But try to master the basics before you start experimenting."

  Eda groans, "you're as boring as Lily."

  "Toot toot! The Hexside train is a-coming! Chugga-chugga!" Hooty says playfully as he grabs Luz and (Y/n) by their collars.

  "Uh okay, uh, King's in charge while we're gone. Bye!" Luz hastily calls as she and (Y/n) were dragged away by Hooty.

King laughs, "Hahah, power!"

✧:・.☽˚。・゚✧:・.::・゚✧:・.☽˚。・゚✧:・.::・゚✧:・.☽˚。・゚

  "Okay, first day back after the petrification ceremony. Just be chill," Luz mutters to herself.

  "Luz, everything will be fine." (Y/n) says calmly as she pushes door open, and is seen by Willow and Gus. They run towards each other screaming happily.

  Luz tears up, "oh my gosh!"

  The reunited quartet hugs happily.

  "(Y/n)! Luz! You both are okay!" Gus says happily, but, his voice came out deeper. And it was not only his voice was different, but was also taller.

  "Whoa, Gus! Your voice is different, and your taller," (Y/n) places a hand near Gus then to herself. His chin was now up to her shoulders.

  Gus shrugs, "witch puberty."

  "I can't thank you guys enough for helping us and Eda at the conformatorium," Luz smiles appreciatingly.

  "That's cool, I just hope it helps Eda learn my name. She keeps calling me Goops," Gus dejected.