Chapter 6 Part 1: Hunting Palisman

3rd POV

~In The Castle~

  "The Day of Unity approaches," Kikimora's voice echoes, "where we'll celebrate the purification of magic under the coven system, just as the Titan intended." Kikimora looked at the Nine Head Coven witches individually as they were all illuminated by blue flames, "as heads of the nine covens, we celebrate your efforts to complete this plan. For this, you have earned a glimpse of the reward that awaits."

  "Step forward," Emperor Belos commands.

  The head witches take their badges and place them into the holes at the pit. The badges light up and swirl into the fire as it erupts.

  The Head Coven witches' eyes glowed, as the fire shows the Titan's eyes glowing as the sky spins by very fast until a bright flash happens.

  The Titan's head appeared in the Human Realm during a solar eclipse. The vision fades to the Head witches, their eyes still glowing.

  "The larger your covens grow, the more power we have to unite our realms, where the worthy shall inherit a utopia free of wild magi---" Emperor Belos grunts in pain and clutches his chest.

  The Golden Guard helps Belos up from his throne.

  Just as Kikimora attempts to follow, the Golden Guard stops her, "No. Stay here. I can handle this alone."

  Kikimora glares envyisly at the Golden Guard, as they leave.

  When they are finally alone, Emperor Belos groans in pain as he transforms into some kind of sludge monster.

  Golden Guard turns away as Belos proceeds to punch the wall repeatedly, both in pain and frustration until he slowly backs away. He sighs and puts his mask back on.

  The Golden Guard hands Belos a staff, which he quickly breaks and absorbs the Palisman's green essence through his eyes which turn green before changing back to blue.

  Emperor Belos sighs as he reaches out, "I need more."

  "That was the last from our reserves," Golden Guard informs. "The palistrom wood has been over harvested."

  "Uncle, let me help!" The Golden Guard urged as Belos turned around, "we can make more Palismen! Actually, I read about this technique: harnessing wild magic to—"

  The Golden Guard stopped as Emperor Belos stared back at him, "Uh...sorry."

  Emperor Belos places a hand on Golden Guard's shoulder, "please, be careful. Our family is gone because of wild magic. I can't let the same happen to you." The Golden Guard felt a chill crawl up his spine as the grip on his shoulder tightens, "find me more Palismen. I can depend on you, right?"

  The Golden Guard nods, "of course."

✧:・.☽˚。・゚✧:・.::・゚✧:・.☽˚。・゚✧:・.::・゚✧:・.☽˚。・゚

  (Y/n) watched as Luz stared at the echo mouse resting in a terrarium. "Luz, staring at the echo mouse with your puppy eyes won't work."

  Luz turned her back towards (Y/n), ignoring the (H/c) haired girl. She was clearly still upset at (Y/n) about what happened the other day, and Eda had confiscated the pendant.

  "Oh, little echo mouse," Luz pleads. "You ate the diary that can get us home. Can't you cough up a teeny bit?"

  "Just squeeze it out!" King grunts as he squeezes his teddy bear so hard, the head pops off.

  Luz hums, "maybe I just need to be patient?" She then presses her face on the glass and whispers, "please tell me your secrets."

  Eda enters the bedroom, wearing a blazer, "hey, knuckleheads. You two are gonna be late for school."