Chapter 4 Part 2: Keeping Up A-fear-ances

3rd POV

  (Y/n) watched as Gwendolyn drives a sign into the ground while Luz writes "APPLE BLOOD" and draws an arrow pointing away from the house.

  'Is this really a good idea?' (Y/n) thought to herself, 'Eda loves her apple blood, but she can't possibly fall for this.... Right?'

  Later on, the three of them trekked back into the forest for the last stage of Gwendolyn's plan.

  (Y/n) was instructed to tie up a rope vine to create a tripwire.

  "Nice work, (Y/n)," Gwendolyn praised as she stood on a stone beside (Y/n). "With Wortlop's tome with your's and Luz's ability to lure Eda out of the house, we'll be curing that curse in no time."

  "Yeah, I'm pretty sure she's always down for more apple blood," Luz noted. "So, that Wortlop guy was really something. You're his pupil?"

  Gwendolyn looks up from her tome, "oh, yes. But first, I had to prove that I was worthy of his secrets. So I spent the last year on a bunch of dangerous quests. And," she then flashes her bicep muscles that marked various scars around it. "I didn't even get that many scars."

  Luz's eyes lit up, "Cool. Also, dang, girl." She raises her arm and compares her bicep to Gwendolyn's. "Your bicep game is ridiculous."

  A sudden snap of a stick and leaves to rustling caused the three to realize someone was coming. Eda.

  "Our signs must've worked," Gwendolyn gasps as she runs away together with Luz and (Y/n).

  Eda was seen following the signs into the woods with an excited smile, "Oh, baby, time to stock up on Mama's night juice."

  Gwendolyn, (Y/n), and Luz overlook Eda from a tree branch high up. "According to Wortlop's tome, we start by lowering the beast's defenses with special crystals. And they're supposed to be quite calming."

  "Whoa!" Eda yelps as she narrowly avoids a falling crystal, spins her staff to shatter the rest, then narrowly avoids another falling crystal.

  Eda then stares at the ground with oddity, "knife season came early this year."

  A large shadow looms over Eda, making her look up. Eda screams and jumps back, narrowly avoiding a large crystal. She lies on the ground, looking shocked. A bunch of feathers pops out of her.

  "She's stressed," (Y/n) says worryingly as she takes out an elixir from her pouch.

  (Y/n) was about to throw it to Eda, but Gwendolyn grabs her hand and stops her. "Oh, no, no, no. The texts say those feathers mean we're driving the beast out."

  "Driving the beast out? That doesn't look like it's getting rid of it," (Y/n) growls out as the pendant starts to heat up against her chest.

  Gwendolyn frowns, "I know exactly what I'm doing, those concoctions are only worsening her curse. After today, Eda will never have to drink those nasty little things again."

  (Y/n)'s eyes narrow, before she could say anything else, Luz looks at Gwendolyn with a smile, "All right. What do we do next?"

  "Next, we're gonna put that beast," Gwendolyn starts as she releases a puff of smoke from her bag, which forms a cloud with a face. "On ice."

  The cloud spouts out ice from its mouth.

  (Y/n) frowns as the pendant grew warmer and warmer, 'this doesn't bode well.'

✧:・.☽˚。・゚✧:・.::・゚✧:・.☽˚。・゚✧:・.::・゚✧:・.☽˚。・゚

  Eda grunts as she climbs up a cliff, "this... better be... the oldest, strongest, stinkiest apple blood ever."