Chapter 5 Part 1: Through The Looking Glass Ruins

3rd POV

  "Hey! Watch where you are going!" A voice sneers, "I could've gotten hurt."

  (Y/n) peeked behind her locker door to see two figures just little ways from her.

  Abigail, a young girl with short blonde hair with a pink streak running across her hairline, glares down at an unfamiliar student.

  "S-sorry, I didn't mean to," a young girl, probably around (Y/n)'s age, was picking up her stuff. "I kinda got distracted," she chuckles nervously.

  "Hey, aren't you the new kid that brought a kids book for that illustration presentation?" Abigail asked with a smirk, "that project was for actual reading material, not a silly fairytale."

  "The teacher said it was oka-"

  "Listen," Abigail interrupted and pushed the poor girl to fall onto the ground. "I don't really care. Someday, you have to grow up, otherwise, you're not going to make any friends."

  "That's not true, cause, I'll be her friend."

  Abigail turned around to see (Y/n) walking towards them, "oh. The other nerd freak, of course you'd be friends with your own kind."

  "Abigail, she is free to enjoy whatever she wants. It doesn't matter what your opinion says otherwise," (Y/n) helps the brown haired girl stand up. "Let her be herself."

  Abigail scoffs, "whatever. You two are perfect for each other anyways. Later nerds."

  "Are you okay?" (Y/n) asked as Abigail walked away.

  "That was so cool!" The girl exclaimed with bright hazel eyes as she extended a hand, "I'm Luz, Luz Noceda."

  (Y/n) smiles and shakes her new friend's hand, "I'm (Y/n). It's nice to meet you, Luz"

✧:・.☽˚。・゚✧:・.::・゚✧:・.☽˚。・゚✧:・.::・゚✧:・.☽˚。・゚

  "Hoot Hoot! It's time to wake up!"

  (Y/n) screams as Hooty yells directly in her face, "augh! I'm up, I'm up! Titan Hooty, you nearly gave me a heart attack."

  "It's almost time for school. Come down and eat your breakfast," with a hoot, Hooty left the bedroom.

  (Y/n) lets out a long sigh, "whelp. Here's to another day in the Boiling Isles."

✧:・.☽˚。・゚✧:・.::・゚✧:・.☽˚。・゚✧:・.::・゚✧:・.☽˚。・゚

  (Y/n) and Luz walked down the hallways to get to class, but they stopped when they saw Gus sitting on the ground, his head buried in his arms.

  The two humans walk up to him, "hey, Gus. You okay?"

  "I—I messed up badly," Gus says sadly. "Willow just needed help with this pixie problem, right? So I thought, oh, that I'll lure them away with an illusion. But then..."

  "That angered the pixies, and they attacked Willow," Luz says as (Y/n) kneels in front of him.

  "I moved up two grades," Gus says dejectedly. "What's the point of being good at this if I can't do anything good with it?"

  "Bud, it was an honest mistake. Besides, Willow's tough as nails. I'm sure you'll both be feeling better tomorrow," (Y/n) smiles and helps Gus up.

  Gus looked doubtful, "I guess...."

✧:・.☽˚。・゚✧:・.::・゚✧:・.☽˚。・゚✧:・.::・゚✧:・.☽˚。・゚

  "Are you sure you don't want to come?" Luz asked as she and (Y/n) head out the door.