Epilogue

sorry this was just a short story, but I really enjoyed it and I'm very in love with it!!!
-

I parked outside a small motel for the night, we had been driving for three days and staying in motels when we felt as though we just couldn't do any more. I turned the engine to my car off and rubbed my tired eyes, Nathan rest his hand on my leg. I looked at him and gave him a tired smile which he returned. It was around midnight now, I stretched my back out and yawned.

"I'll go check us in" I said as I got out the car.

I walked to the reception and collected the keys to our room, I walked back to the car and knocked on Nathan's window. He got out and pulled me into a hug "You did well today"

I nodded "How much further?"

"We should be there by tomorrow evening" He moved the hair away from my face

I nodded again and made my way to our room, I unlocked the door and began to throw all my clothes off before climbing into the bed and watching as Nathan locked the door behind him. He looked at me and gave another soft smile, he threw his clothes off and climbed in next to me. He kissed my forehead and closed his eyes

"Where are we going?" I whispered

He took an intake of breath "I have a place we can stay"

"Where?"

He gave a tired chuckle "My aunts old house which she gave me when she passed"

"Nice" I just about managed before I fell into a deep sleep

***

"Dylan, wake up" Nathan called me

I opened my eyes to find him fully dressed and sat on the side of the bed, I rubbed my eyes and stretched out "What time is it?"

"Just gone ten" He smiled at me

I sighed and got up, throwing my hair up as I walked to the bathroom "Won't be long"

After I showered I walked back into the room and collected my clothes off the floor, I threw them on and looked at Nathan "Let's hit the road"

"I'll drive today, gives you a break" He came over and pulled me into a hug

I didn't object, I was so tired of driving now. I climbed into the passenger seat and rest my head back, Nathan got in and smiled at me "Here we go"

***

* 10 years later *

I woke to the sound of my two children arguing with another in one of their bedrooms. I kicked a sleeping Nathan beside me "It's your turn"

He groaned and rolled over wrapping his arms around my waist, kissing along my collar bone "Can we not just take advantage of their loudness?"

I laughed and pushed him away from me "I'm serious, one day they're going to kill eachother"

Nathan rolled onto his back and rubbed his eyes "Fine" he sat up and stretched his arms over his head. I watched as he walked out the room and closed my eyes listening to the three most important people in my life.

"BOYS!" Nathan shouted as he entered their room, the house fell silent before Nathan began shouting again "FINLEY PUT YOUR BROTHER DOWN, YOU DON'T TRY AND TIE HIM TO YOUR BED!"

This was my que to get up, I threw my dressing gown on and walked down the hall to where my husband and two sons were. Nathan and I had been married for the past eight years, before that not many months after we moved in together I fell pregnant with my now ten year old son, Finley. On the year of our marriage I fell pregnant again with our eight year old son, Lukas.