Seven

Sorry, sorry, sorry!!!

50 votes

20 comments

-

Josh dropped me home again after school that day. He stopped at the top of my road, I reached in the back and pulled my bag out. I smiled at him and he took my hand in his "You gonna be okay?"

I nodded and kisses the top of his hand "I'll be fine"

"I worry about you" he pulled me into an awkward hug across the car

I patted his back "Don't be silly, I'm fine there"

He nodded and looked at me, pressing his lips to mine and kissing me lovingly as we sat there. I smiled and pulled away "I have to go"

He nodded and ran his thumb over my cheek "Be careful baby"

I nodded and smiled before climbing out of the car and shutting the door, I waved goobye as he drove off. I shouldered my bag and began to walk down the street, smiling to myself as I did. Thinking about the day made ma smile, it was better than any day I've had at that place.

Josh and I got into school, hand in hand. People stared at us and I felt uncomortable, I was lucky that Josh could see this, he slung his arm around my shoulders and kissed my temple. We walked into the cafeteria and all heads turned our way, I spotted my table of friends and each one of their mouths dropped open.

I gave them a sheepish wave and a small smile, Josh walked foward and towards my friends. We got there and I managed to get a small 'hi' from Lara as she sat there staring at the two of us. Josh spoke then as we pulled two chairs out to sit.

"I'm going to be stealing Dylan away from you occasionally, I hope you don't mind" He smiled and laced his fingers in mine.

They all stared at him dumbfounded as he spoke, as if they couldn't quite believe what they were seeing. Which was entirly possible, becuase how could a girl like me -book worm- get someone like him -school jock-. We were probably the oddest but most natural pair you could ever imagine, both complee polar opposites.

The smile on my face grew even more as I carried on walking down the street. Finally I turned down my path and jumped a little to see Nathan sat on the steps leading up to the porch. Cigarette in hand, top off and elbows resting on his knees. He looked up at me as I got closer, taking a drag of the cigarette in his hands as he did.

"Hi" I smiled

He shrugged in response, looking back down and taking another drag. I furrowed my brow and walked past him into the house. I threw my bag down beside the door and walked back out, sitting myself beside Nathan on the step. He didnt look at me, just carried on smoking. I bit my lip and reached into the pocket of his jeans.

He didn't flinch when I did this, nor did he complain when I took a cigarette out of his packet for myself. I put the packet back in his pocket and reached for the lighter on his lap. I lit the cigarette and began to smoke it with him. We sat in silence like this for a while before I couldn't stand it anymore.

"Nathan?" I questioned him "What's wrong?"

I heard him take a deep intake of breath before dropping the cigarette on the floor and crushing it under his shoe. He began to rub his face with his hands before speaking to me "I've been such a fool Dylan"

I furrowed my brow again "How?"

"I just have, I pushed your sister away for you" He looked at me now

As he looked at me I could see the red rings under his eyes, his normally beautiful green eyes seemed dull and tired. I was confused and took a drag of the cigarette still alight in my hands "What do you mean?"