𝟬𝟬𝟭⠀ ⠀ nine years later

CHAPTER ONE

CHAPTER ONE.
Nine Years Later

     Daenaera Velaryon was nine years of age when she was unofficially labelled as the troublemaker of King's Landing

     A carefree and affectionate child she was described to be by people that loved her; a nuisance and unhinged child to those that did not. The feeble opinion of others that did not matter to her, however, was of little care to the only daughter of the heir to the Iron Throne.

     Daenaera spent her days running amok the hallways, helping servants clean despite their consistent polite refusals, creating daisy chains for her mother to don, and by far her favourite: sneaking into the dragon's den to accompany her dragon, Rhaegon. The dragon was a large one for his youthful age, his scales the colour of an emerald, dark green; it was a beautiful shade to admire, but the lethality underneath was not so hidden. Rhaegon was often enamoured by people on just how different he was from the rest of the dragons inhabiting the underground of the dragons den, for Daenaera knew he was commended for his beauty by citizens when flying over the buildings of King's Landing. He was fiercely protective of his rider, and he had no kind bone in his body for anyone for strangers alike, especially those who dared threaten Daenaera.

     Her brothers trailed after her fondly, always admiring her with a keen eye as to how they could follow in their big sister's footsteps. The Queen disregarded her as a wild offspring, one that Rhaenyra could not keep in check. This was completely inexact, however, as the only person that could scold and reprimand the girl was her mother.  So in turn, Aegon viewed her as an insignificant rebel, one he nor Helaena gave much thought to. The king in his own right chortled off any allegations that his granddaughter was a spitfire of a child, fondness for the girl was his reason for his abundance of ignorance. But Aemond ... Aemond was different.

     When Daenaera demanded to the dragon keeper's that she and her dragon were ready to take the skies despite their constant refusal, Aemond admired how she did not once raise her voice but spoke in a final manner. "I will ride Rhaegon today. As Rhaenyra Targaryen's daughter, I demand it."