𝟬𝟬𝟯⠀ ⠀ the return to dragonstone

CHAPTER THREE

CHAPTER THREE.
The Return To Dragonstone

     The night was just beginning to settle when Daenaera was summoned by her mother to join in the farewell of Ser Harwin Strong

It had been a tumultuous day previous, no doubt, the gossips of a training lesson she had not been privy to running amidst the halls of the Red Keep were exceptionally hard to miss. She herself had been given a first-hand account of the surprising situation by her brothers. Luke and Jace's words overlapped in a flurry to explain to their sister the words of Ser Criston Cole and the response from the Captain, something that had Daenaera's thoughts whirring with confusion and then, realisation.

She had not had a chance to speak to her mother about her newfound discovery when she entered the room, for all three of her brothers were in company as well as Ser Harwin himself, and the topic was one she would much rather discuss in private. She thought herself witless for not realising the similarities between the Captain and her brothers sooner - a palpable scenario of a father with his sons. The chestnut dark hair and matching pale skin, it was an obvious alikeness that was hard to overlook when faced with them together. By the time the man had spoken his goodbyes - giving Daenaera a departing smile, for the two were never close, neither in blood nor status - Ser Harwin finally made his way to the exit.

What she did not expect, however, was for her brother to run after him, their mother following in tow. He was obviously troubled, experiencing an emotion very similar to what she herself was currently unveiling: the question of a lineage far different than the one mapped out for them. By the time Daenaera had walked upon their conversation, she only heard the final words, "You are a Targaryen. That's all that matters."

And so Jacaerys had figured out her recent revelation for himself. She often forgot how fast her brother was growing, for he was only around three years younger than her, and thus did not give him credit for his intelligence most times. Daenaera herself had come to the conclusion that she was not the daughter of Harwin Strong, for surely if she were, her hair would be dark like her brothers after her. Some could argue she took after her mother in every which way, but in her mind, it could not apply to one and then three others.