Chapter Nineteen

Today is the last day of summer and so far I was spending it hungover at the country club, which wasn't great

Today is the last day of summer and so far I was spending it hungover at the country club, which wasn't great. Scarlett had invited me to go with her, Kelce and Topper for drinks.

I just ordered some fries and a strawberry milkshake, to try and get rid of the banging headache. And Scarlett gave me her sunglasses to keep the sun out of my eyes.

"I can't believe you used to be friends with them scumbags," Scarlett laughed looking over where I sat next to Kelce.

"Shut up, Scarlett," I said taking some fries and dipping them into my milkshake before eating them.

"You psychopath," Kelce said from beside me.

"Problem?" I asked.

"You dipped your fries into your milkshake, what the hell?" Kelce laughed.

"It's nice! Try it," I laughed trying to get him to try it.

"No way in hell," he said.

"I can't believe John B killed sheriff Peterkin," Scarlett said trying to start a conversation that included her. "At least he got what was coming to him, and save them the expense of a trial. I'm just saying John B's going to hell for what he did,"

"They're still investigating," Topper told her.

"Yeah, I don't know why. It's obvious who did it," Scarlett replied.

"You weren't there Scarlett, stop trying to get involved in something that doesn't concern you," I told her starting to get annoyed.

"Shut up!" I heard a voice shout from behind me.

"JJ," Topper started. Shit. "JJ, just walk away now's not the time,"

"I don't think we were talking to you, pogue," Kelce said standing up.

"Can I have everyone's attention, please?" JJ shouted. "I have a little announcement to make. My best friend, John B did not kill Sheriff Peterkin! Rafe Cameron killed and shot the sheriff in cold blood!" he finished. "That's what happened,"

"Wow," Kelce started.

"Is that so hard for you to believe?" JJ asked him.

"You know, it is actually because it's always the kooks' fault. It's never the pogues' fault," Klece shouted causing JJ to tip a jug of water over Kelce and a fight to break out.

"Guys!" I shouted.

"Of course, you're here! See didn't I tell you that you'd always be a pogue!" JJ shouted to me.

"Don't fucking talk to her, pogue!" Kelce shouted pushing JJ.

"JJ!" Raz shouted to him.

"Yeah, I know, Raz. I'm fired," JJ said taking off his apron and walking off to his motorcycle.