••Reborn••

Staring at my reflection, I looked over at myself. It has been a couple of years from the time I began to talk to Obito and Kakashi (mind you he always declined my offers) and now I'm at the age of twelve. Taking a deep breath, I smiled at my reflection and smiled. "Today's the day..." I said to myself as I smiled and stared at the calendar as one date had a red circle around it.

Genin Exam Today!

Running my hands through my short hair, I removed myself from my room and walked towards the living room. Pausing my walking, I sat in front of a wall as it had a standing board with a picture of Ai and my six year old self as I had set candles around it. Placing my hands together, I closed my eyes.

"Hey Baa-chan," I said as I wondered if she could hear me, "its my Genin test today! Can't wait since I'll become a Genin just like you and mom." Smiling I chuckled at a memory. "Now you don't have to worry about me being a housewife or anything. Oh...and I'm a better cook! So you don't need to no longer taste my strange food." I laughed before stopping as silence wrapped around the small room. Stopping my smile, I rubbed my eyes from any tears. "I really miss you...." I murmured. Taking a feel breath, I stood up and pulled out a folded picture of the picture Ai had given me.

"Don't worry mom..." I smiled as I stared at the picture. "Today, you'll see me become a Genin!"
*---*---*-*-
Sitting on one of the desks, my eyes glued on Kauri as he lectured us about the Genin Exam, I moved my eyes towards Obito, who now wore his regular Genin clothes and his orange goggles. I suppressed a laugh as he was just sleeping on the table. Turning my head to Kakashi...

He just stood there like a robot.

"Rin Nohara!" Kauri called out as I jolted in surprise. Nodding at his call, I quickly up and walked towards the exam room that would determine my skills of becoming a ninja. Looking around, I gulped at the room. It was still the way it was in the anime...nostalgic.

"Alright Rin," said a Jounin as she looked over a list, "we just need you to make three Bushins and you pass." She smiled at me as I nodded and took a deep breath. Alright Rin....this is your chance....you will become a Genin! For Ai! I thought as I placed my hands together and formed the appropriate signs for the jutsu.

"Bushin no Jutsu!" I shouted as three puffs of smoke appeared in front of me, revealing them to be perfect clones of myself. Smiling, I stared at the Jounin as she clapped her hands together with a small smile on her face.

"Congratulations Rin! You pass!"
*---*---*-*-
"Yatta!" Obito exclaimed in happiness as he jumped in joy as his right hand held tightly his Konoha headband. "Were Genin! One step closer to being Hokage!"

"Hahaha, you'll be a great Hokage Obito-kun." I said as I smiled at his enthusiasm. "I'll be watching you until it happens." I ended as Obito grinned at me as he fixed his goggles.

"Just you wait Rin! You'll see it happen!" Obito gave me a thumbs up as his entire face was filled with joy. Pointing at the Hokage mountain, he pointed on the clear space that was next to the Third Hokage. "One day my face will be there! And then everyone will know me as Obito Uchiha, the Hokage of Konohagakure!"

"That's quite a dream." I nodded as I stared at the Hokage mountain, picturing Minato's face there.

"You're the one to talk Rin. I remember during the first day that you wanted to find world peace!" He said as I blushes in embarrassment. Shaking my head quickly, I looked at Obito with a stern look.

"So? One day I'll find it and then we'll see who'll know me more. The ninja who created peace, or a Hokage?" I teased as Obito crossed his arms together. He stuck his tongue out playfully as he leaned on the Academy wall.

"Excuse me, your in my way." I heard Kakashi's voice behind me as I turned my head around and stared at his never changing lazy face.

"Oh." I only mouthed as I moved to the side as he walked past me, much to Obito's anger. Staring angrily at Kakashi, Obito growled.

"He pisses me off..." Obito muttered as he removed himself from the wall. "Someone ought to teach him a lesson..." Sweatdropping at his muttering, I smiled.

"Don't worry, someone will sooner or later." I continued as I looked at the sky. "In the mean time, we'll just have to wait."

"A hundred years probably." Obito sighed out as he saw his parents coming. "Got to go Rin-chan! See you tomorrow!" Obito had shouted as he was running towards them.

"Yeah! See you tomorrow!" I waved goodbye. After a few seconds, I lowered my hand and stared longingly at Obito and his parents. Must be nice to know your parents.... I thought as I ran home alone.

I was getting pretty lonely.
*---*---*-*-
The next day, I was back in the academy. Today was the day we would be put in our assigned teams and I'm pretty sure I know which team I would be put in.

"Where is that idiot?" I mumbled as I tapped my fingers on the table and stared at the seat next to me which was for Obito. Sometimes his tardiness can get on my nerves...but I knew his excuses were real.

"Students, or should I say Genin?" Kauri said as he smiled at us with his smile. "Today is the day where you will be placed on a team, by scores, skills, and wisdom!" He continued as he pulled out a clipboard. Ignoring the other teams.. I sighed as I rubbed my head. Dear Kami Obito if you're not-

"WHAT DID I MISS!" Obito yelled into the classroom as the door slammed open to show Obito panting for air.

"You didn't miss anything." Kauri reassured him as he pointed at the seats. "Just sit down."

"Yes sensei!" Obito nodded as he jogged towards me and sat next to me. Your going to get it Obito...

"Alright...continuing on. Team 7 consists of Kakashi Hatake, Rin Nohara, and Obito Uchiha."

"EHH! NANI!!??" Obito shouted before I covered his mouth and brought him down.

"Your sensei requested for you to meet him at the training grounds." Kauri said as all three of us nodded and stood up, and walked out of the academy.

"Don't slow me down." Kakashi told us as he was walking faster than us. Obito didn't take this kindly since he just began to argue with Kakashi while leaving me behind to think. Passing a few trees and buildings, I stared at the Hokage monument where the last and recent Hokage's faces were.

I wonder...what it actually means to be Hokage... I thought before bumping into someone. Out of everyone, it had to be Kakashi.

"Watch where your going next time." He told me as he didn't help me up. Rude... I whined as I got up and dusted myself off. Looking at Obito, I saw both boys walking towards an all familiar face. The man was sitting on a log, his face plastered with a grin. And me...just lightly blushing at his face.

"Ohayo." He said as I was now near him. "I'm your sensei. Minato Namikaze."
*---*---*-*-
Reborn is participating in the Naruto Wattys!! Check out other Fanfiction here and vote for your stories!

TheNarutoWattys-