••Reborn••

"Guys! I'm so sorry I was late. I promise it won't happen again!" I apologized in front of Kakashi and Minato, my hands clapped together in a prayer as I bowed at them.

As why I was late was simple. I had accidentally woken up an hour late from the excessive reading I did last night...now that I think about it I should have picked up something to eat while I was running.

"So where's Obito-kun?" I asked as I held my stomach, in an attempt to lower the sounds of the growling.

"Late as always..." Kakashi answered quickly as he fixed his mask a bit before closing his eyes in what seemed like annoyance. "I still wonder how he could be a ninja when he's always late..." He muttered under his breath, looking away as he leaned against the Hokage tower wall.

"Don't worry Kakashi, Rin. I'm sure Obito has a good reason at why he's late." Minato reassured us as he softly smiled at us. Kakashi merely looking at him while I was busy nodding. Knowing Obito, he's probably out helping an old lady...
*-*-*-*-*-
It's been two hours...

TWO hours...

Obito...I'm a patient person but this...this is too much...

The sun was now high up in the blue sky, the rays hitting us as Minato went inside the tower to ask for a mission...probably a D-Rank as all Genins start with it. Although...

I wonder if that cat Tora is still alive...

"Minna!" I heard shouting as I saw Obito running towards us, a small smile on his face as he reached us. "Sorry I was late, I got stuck on the road of life." He merely said, using one of his excuses once again.

"You're a ninja already, so stop with the excuses and start getting here earlier." Kakashi sternly said as he had an angry look on his face, a finger pointed at Obito who 'Tch' at Kakashi.

"C-Calm down guys...Minato said he didn't want any fighting and arguing..." I told them as I attempted to stop anything that could have happened. I wonder what the Hokage was thinking when putting Obito and Kakashi together in the team...

"I've see you came Obito." Minato waved at him as he came out of the Hokage tower, holding a small file with the D-Rank stamp over it.. "Luckily you came right on time. We've been giving a few missions for today." He explained to us as he opened the file and looked at them all. "First one up is cleaning the trash from the river. Second is painting the fences of the orphanage, and lastly is catching someone's Kitty..."

"So...we're cleaning the river first...?" Obito asked as he remembered the last time he saw it.

"Yes Obito. We'll do it efficiently so that we have enough time to train after we've completed all these missions. Plus I'll treat you all to ramen." He raised an eyebrow as Obito and I brightened up at the thought of free food...and perhaps a chance to see Kakashi's face. Ever since we were little, we wondered what was under that mask...

And Kishi still didn't want to reveal it.

"Alright! We'll finish these missions in no time!"
*-*-*-*-*-
As Minato said, our first mission was cleaning out the river. And let me tell you...it was not pretty.

"Ugh...who throws their clothes here!?" I asked as I had a item of clothing, drenched in river water, between my two fingers.

"The ones who throws their undergarments..." Obito added as he looked away from the pair of women underwear he was holding.

Placing the clothing in the trash bag, I closed it up as half the bag was filled with just clothing and garbage. Looking at my reflection in the river, I turned my eyes towards Kakashi, who wasn't complaining about the job and busy picking up anything and placing them in the bag he held. 'I bet he's complaining in his mind...' I thought as I squinted my eyes and tried to mind read what he was thinking.