Revolution - Part 1

"See!? How something like that can ever be seen as fair is beyond me." Ada just ended a whole rant about women in the workplace and Vivian couldn't be more inspired. She is very right, not that she has never thought about it herself. It's just the way she's bringing it is sure to light up a fire in anyone. "But that's still the whole fucking problem.." she continues. "It's the men against the women, in a game where men created the fucking rules." Ada takes a frustrated tug from her cigarette. As she wants to continue, the doorbell suddenly rings.

James gives Ada a puzzled look as to ask if they were expecting anyone. He stands up to get the door. "it's probably the church again.. they've made it a habit to come knocking thrice a week." Ada says to Vivian, clearly annoyed.

~
It takes a minute and then the door opens. Just like the last time James opens the door. "Thomas.. hi." He shyly says, "James" Tommy greets him with a polite nod. Instead of immediately walking in he waits untill James invites him in. James is a good lad, no need to be rude. "Is Ada home James?"
"Yes she is. Come in" he steps back and Thomas walks past him. When he walks towards the drawing room he can hear Ada speak. Something about labor-laws, he instinctively rolls his eyes. So she has company?

He walks through the opening and when he does four eyes stare at him. When he turns his head he sees the last person he expected. "Vivian.." he stammers almost embarrassed by the sudden butterflies in his stomach that seemed to have woken up from their slumber. "Tommy" she says at almost the same time. Ada raises an eyebrow, she did not know they were on first-name terms.. especially since Vivian said they don't really have any contact

As if Tommy suddenly remembered there were other people in the room he composes himself and is back to his witty stoic self. "You're chatting up my maids now, Ada?" He stares at his sister, to at least not have to look in the eyes that feed his butterflies. Ada sighs, "Hello Tom"

He can't help but feel a bit annoyed that Ada has invited her without him knowing and seemingly has decided to start preaching about politics. He also can't help to make a comment about it: "Don't take anything she says too seriously, Vivian. All she offers are ideologies disguised as solutions." He walks a little further in the room, giving James the room to enter as well. Vivian just looks at him, she doesn't know what to say. What she does know that his presence here is rather intimidating. Ada, however, is not intimidated, "Always good to have you Tom.. what do you want?" She says sarcastically, while rolling her eyes and crossing her arms.

"Well, you weren't at our meeting yesterday, Ada." A stare-off between the two siblings seems to commence, "I had to join Karl, he had a recital." Tommy slowly shakes his head. He's okay with that, if she would have just told him. "That's fine, we still need to talk.. in private." James already knows that's a cue to leave the room. He takes Vivian by the hand, "We'll have a smoke at the front." Vivian follows, she could use a smoke. Tommy's trying not to sneak a glimpse in the direction of Vivian.

When he hears the front door open he sits down on the couch and instinctively grabs a cigarette. They do need to talk business, however this turn of events has grasped his attention. Ada is actually not looking forward to this conversation. She noticed right away he wasn't in the best of moods and she starts to wonder if that pretty maid of his had something to do with it. "Well..?" Ada asks impatiently, since Tommy is taking his sweet time.

"What's Vivian doing here?" Before Ada could answer Thomas continues, "What, you're going to invite Francis next? Are you trying to start a revolution amongst my maids now, ey?" Ada can't help but laugh, what an idiotic thing to say, even for Tommy. "Oh please.. most of them couldn't even spell revolution if they had to.." she takes a sip from her tea. "We were just having a chat, Tom, lighten up."

"Just- just stop putting ideas in her head, ey?" Ada raises her eyebrows, what in the world? "Vivian's a smart girl Tom, she can very well think on her own." Tommy regretted those words the second he said it. He's just trying to find excuses to justify why Vivian was here. Perhaps because he was a bit scared if Ada would somehow find out Tommy's true feelings about here.