14

klovers pov

I woke up the following day, completely ignoring billie. I just didn't wanna talk to her.

I knew it was petty but I want to take care of my feelings before taking care of other's.

I got ready, wearing some jeans, a sweater that fell over my right shoulder, and a cap to hide my atrocious eyes. they were the main thing I was trying to hide.

I fell asleep crying- sobbing last night and I couldn't care enough to get up and clean myself. I mean who would? I just needed a moment to compose myself and digest what had happened.

I might be overreacting but it hurts you know? you just wanted to be someone's one and only but only wake up to the truth. you're not the only one.

I sigh as I walk around the city alongside drew, who was chatting with her friends. It was our last day so we were taking one last tour of the city. billie? I don't know where she is and I don't care.

I don't.

but that doesn't explain why I've been thinking of her all morning and she's literally clouding my head 24/7.

we were touring some important structures around spain but if I'm being completely honest with you, I'm not paying attention at all. I sigh, slowly getting impatient. I felt my phone vibrate and look down to find a notification from the class group chat.

@everyone, party tn at 6!!

I sighed once again, debating whether I should or should not go. I was exhausted, not only physically from the trip but I was also mentally tired from all this unnecessary drama. "drama".

I look up from my phone to find most of the kids on their phones, probably responding to the text. I muted the group chat except for when they @me. suddenly I felt a tap on my shoulder and I turned around to see drew already staring at me.

"are you going to the party klo?" she asked, her voice soft as she sensed my tiredness from when we started this tour.

"I'm not... I'm not very sure." I respond, scratching the back of my hand.

she reaches out and holds my hand, noticing the now flakey, red skin. I've been scratching it since me and billie got awkward. I know it sucks but I can't help it. I'm sorry.

she gently smiles at me. her eyes holding care and love, older sisterly love and I'm so grateful for drew.

"maybe it'll get your mind off of things?" she said, advising that I go to have some fun.

maybe she was right. maybe I should go and let go, I mean I'm single and have nothing to lose so what would go wrong? nothing.

I hesitantly nod, slowly coming to agreeing terms. "okay- yeah okay I'll go." I smiled back at her and nodded. she excitedly smiled and we held hands for the rest of the tour like she was taking care of me.

sooner or later the tour was over and now we were all hanging out in the lobby. many were at the arcade while others were eating and chatting. weirdly, I haven't seen billie today since this morning. I saw zoey but she was with her friends and billie was nowhere to be found.

suddenly I got a bad feeling in my stomach. like something bad is going to happen soon. usually, I'd listen to my guts and ask people around or explore but no. this time, I didn't. I didn't want to talk to billie and I didn't wanna see her. I refuse to go near her right now.

I was still with drew but more of her friends joined us. I wasn't really interacting but answered some questions when they asked me, trying to at least keep myself a part of the group. I was always thankful to drew's friends.