three

A/N: y'all get your tissues ready.

"Dewey, I'm going to head to the hospital to check on Tara." He got out of my car and looked back at me.

"Be careful, you know, the killer is still out there."

"You too." I gave him a wide smile, waving at him as he closed the door before waving back.

I drove off and made my way to the hospital.

Walking towards Tara's room her door was wide open for some reason.

"Hello?" I heard Tara say.

"Hey, it's just me." Tara jumped when she saw me appear.

"I think I heard something-" She stopped talking due to the lights in what seemed to be the entire hospital just being turned off.

"Tara, hold on to me." Tara tried her best to get up from the bed. I brought the wheelchair as close as possible to the bed. She grabbed onto my shoulders as support, slowly sitting down.

"We're going to be very quiet. Alright? I will be pushing your wheelchair and if at any point I do stop. Keep going. Do not. I mean do not look back and do not try to help me in any way, shape, or form." Tara looked at me with fear written all over her but still managed to whisper a 'yes'.

I began to push her wheelchair as slowly and quietly as I could. Leaving the room I had to stop for a couple of seconds to see one of my coworkers on the ground with their throat slit open and bleeding out, a whole puddle of blood around them.

"Oh, my god." I looked down and there was no gun or any type of weapon to use to defend myself. There was only a pencil and a pen right next to them and I grabbed both, giving the pen to Tara and keeping the pencil for myself.

"Use this."

"What am I going to use this for?" She hesitantly took it from my hand.

"To stab the son of a bitch." I went behind the wheelchair and pushed it again towards the elevator that looked so close, but yet so far away from us. With one of my hands, I kept pushing as the other reached for my back pocket.

'Fuck, I must've left my phone in the car.' I couldn't believe that this was the time I did not have my phone with me.

Looking around the hospital for a phone, my eyes stopped at the room Tara had been staying in previously. Immediately went back to that room and bringing Tara inside. I grabbed the phone while dialing '911'.

"Deputy Riley..." I held the phone securely with my right hand, bringing my left hand up with my index finger pressing on my lips. "Shhh."

The door opened and with the phone, I struck the person's head harshly.

Right, when I was about to strike again Tara's voice stopped me from doing so. "Eden! It's Richie!"

"Dude. I could've killed you just now." I sighed in relief that it wasn't the killer.

"Glad you didn't. Damn that hurt." He said as he rubbed the back of his neck with his hand.

"Richie, What are you doing here?" Tara asked.

"Sam called and said that you were in trouble." Once those words left his mouth the trouble he just mentioned was right behind him.

"Tara, I think this is the time for you to go and not look back." I took the pencil that I found earlier, showing it to Tara so she would take out the pen I had given her. She takes it out showing it to me as we both nod at each other.