four

A/N: This part will not be exactly following the original storyline from the movie since it's going to be a few weeks after Dewey's death just to give you all a heads up.

Everything was happening too fast.

I sat on the couch he had been sitting on a few weeks before, looking around wondering how it would've been if he was here right now.

"I didn't get to almost knock down your door today, Dewey." I was literally talking to myself, but hoping that maybe he would be listening to me from wherever he was. I tried to hold in my tears but it got to the point where it got too unbearable.

I felt absolutely nothing. I just stayed there for days and hours not caring about anything else that was happening out the other side of that door.

A knock was heard from the door.

"Eden? Are you in there?" It was Sam's voice, she knocked again.

I did my best to wipe away my tears. I stood up and walked over to let her in.

"Everyone has been worried about you. You disappeared from us after the funeral." I sat back down in the same spot I had been for the entire day.

"Yeah well, Dewey also disappeared from me a few weeks ago." I looked down, not wanting to make eye contact with her.

"I'm sorry..." She said as she sat down next to me facing me.

"He did what he had to do. He always protected everyone but himself."

"Looks like you take after him."

"I guess I do." I fidgeted with my fingers.

"You and Dewey saved my sister so I wanted to come thank you and to see how you are." She slipped her hand into my own. Taking me by surprise from the sudden contact and warmness I felt with her hand around mine.

I couldn't hold anything in anymore and let everything out right there. Sam no longer talked and just stayed there next to me for the rest of the day.

After a few hours I came to realize that I had fallen asleep on Sam's shoulder with her head leaning on mine. Carefully moved Sam's head off me and leaned it back onto the couch.

I looked at my phone for the time to see it was 2:45 AM. Sam was in a deep sleep, it would be best for me not to wake her up. I brought blankets, the blankets I would use when I would occasionally stay over at Dewey's.

Looking at Sam, I had no idea if it was a good idea for me to move her. I didn't want her to wake up in a few hours feeling her entire body sore from the way she might've slept on the couch.

So I ended up laying her gently on her side and removing her shoes before covering her with a blanket.

I sat on the other couch sleeping there for the rest of the night.

-

It was morning already and I was the first to wake up so I decided to wash up early. When I got out, Sam was awake helping clean up the living room by folding all of the blankets.

"You didn't have to do." I said gesturing to the last blanket in her hands.

"Still was going to end up doing it because I don't want you doing it." She finished folding it, setting it on top of the other blankets that she had already put on the couch.

I lowered my head smiling at her response. "Are you going to go back to your sister?" Sam nodded.

She stayed quiet for a few seconds.

"We're leaving Woodsboro, Eden."

"Oh. I- Uh...Well I get why you're leaving this fucked up town." I didn't quite know what exactly to say in this moment. What was I supposed to say? We have only known each other for about month. Tara on the other hand I knew her since I was the school's officer.

"We're leaving tonight."

"Tonight? Is this why you came here? To come and say goodbye?" I looked around at every little thing except for her eyes.

Sam walked up to me making us get closer to each other. My eyes somehow still ended up meeting Sam's eyes.

"I already told you the reason why I came here."

"You just came to thank me. You thanked me. So now you can leave." I made my way to the door and opened it widely for her.

"Leave, Samantha." Her eyes slightly widen for a split second when hearing me mention her full name.

Sam walked out as I slammed the door right when both her feet were on the other side.

-

SAM'S POV

I turned around hoping she would come out.

She didn't though. I completely understood what Eden was currently going through.

I got in my car and drove off to the hospital where Tara was.

On my way in, I noticed Sidney and Gale were still here. They would at times come and visit just to see if Tara was okay or if the psychopath trying to kill us was after us again. Which has been a while since the last attack.

"Sam. You're here. Where have you been?" I was totally expecting this being the first question from Tara.

"I was out." She gave me a confused look before showing a teasing smile.

"Are you cheating on Richie?!" Tara whispered yelled making me jump up from the bed. I immediately shushed her with my forefinger.

"Tara! What are you saying?!" I whispered yelled back at her.

"It was a joke, but since you're this worked up about it then you were cheating."

"Tara! I was not!"

"Where were you then?"

"Eden... With Eden." I let out a deep sigh.

"Oh sorry. How is she?" She apologized and finally changing up the topic.

"She's doing okay I guess. I mean she did slam the door on me. There's that." I shrugged.

"What did you do?"

"Nothing!" I defended myself.

"She wouldn't have slammed the door on you then."

"Tara, I told her that we're leaving today." I suddenly confessed to her.

Tara smiled at me. "Finally! I've been wanting to get out of here for the past few weeks."

"Let's go right now."

Ghostface hasn't appeared for days now and we're at last leaving Woodsboro. Nothing could go wrong anymore. Right?

-

A/N: I apologize for this really short chapter. The next chapter could be the last chapter before I move on to Scream 6. I might add some extra chapters to build on Eden and Sam's relationship more before officially continuing onto Scream 6.