six

Sam had stopped after a few hours at a gas station for us to get a few snacks or for those who needed to use the bathroom to use it.

I stepped out of the car and began walking inside for anything that would be good for us on the road.

Sam ran out of the car to my side. She now stood in front of me, blocking me from moving forward.

"Eden, I know that you want to do everything you used to do, but you're hurt right now."

I waved her off and walked past her.

"Eden!" Sam softly took my arm and put it over her shoulder.

"I guess we can go in together." I took my arm off her, bringing it down to my side to be able to hold her hand. I didn't think much about it but I could see out of the corner of my eye that Sam was trying to get me to look at her.

Once we got inside we looked around for snacks and drinks. Sam used her free hand to carry a few things and so did I.

"I have a quick question?"

"And I have a quick response."

"How old are you?

"Twenty Three. You?

"Twenty Four, so you have to listen to me, little one." She joked as she patted the top of my head.

"Very funny, Sam.Very funny." I sarcastically laughed which made her chuckle.

"Well... that means we graduated the same year. How come I never saw you?"

"I lived in a different town with my parents. Dewey would come visit us from time to time."

"So you decided to go back to Woodsboro for Dewey I'm guessing."

"Yeah." Was my only response. Giving Sam a hint to stop the conversation due to her knowing I was probably not ready to talk about Dewey.

Both Sam and I got to the register and paid for the items we had gotten. We walked back to the car with my arm now around her shoulder.

-

"We're stopping here for the tonight." Sam said as she put the car on parking. I looked at the hotel we were staying at tonight and it look pretty decent from the outside, hopefully it looks the same once we go inside.

Both Sam and I looked back at the same time making our heads collide with each other. We both groaned in pain.

I looked at Sam who was already staring into my eyes.

"You have really beautiful eyes." Those words literally just came flying out of my mouth, I was only thinking of it but I ended up actually saying it out loud.

Sam bit her lip to keep a smile from showing as she looked away."Thankyouyoutoo." The quickest I have ever heard her say anything. Sam got out of the car and walked to wake up the three sleeping teenagers in the backseat.

We all walked to the trunk to get all of our belongings that we had brought with us. I grabbed my bags and right when I was about to put my backpack on, it was taken off me. Sam walked past me with my backpack around her arm.

"Sam..." I tried to get her to stop but she was already inside the hotel.

We all were inside now.