2. Learning About the Addams

Enid Sinclair

Why? Just why did it have to be me? My life turned for the worst when I found out about the arranged marriage. My parents are forcing me to marry Wednesday Addams. The girl who doesn't give a shit about anybody. My future wife who is literally going to kill me in my sleep. Great.

Currently, I'm sitting on top of a sleeping bag that Lurch had given me. I had a single pillow and a blanket to keep me comfy enough for now. I didn't unpack much from my suitcase other than my phone charger. I did not bother to change my clothes since I wasn't comfortable to do so just yet. Mainly, I was on my phone the entire time in the room. I haven't chatted with Wednesday in case she would really stab me for bugging her.

She was sitting on a chair in front of a desk that's organized, neat, and clean. Wednesday had a typewriter settled perfectly in front of her. Her fingertips pressed down the buttons with letters as it made a clicking sound while typing away. I assumed she is not planning to use a laptop anytime soon. This is really who I am marrying?

Oh what am I thinking? Wednesday is probably judging me as well. I feel like she thinks of me as someone who is dumb and beastly. After all, I am a werewolf. I wish there was somebody else I can talk to because being on my phone isn't doing me any good, and I forgot to ask Gomez the wifi password. On cue, a dismembered hand opened and closed the door to the bedroom unannounced.

I froze on the spot because I had never seen anything like it before. Its hand was covered with stitches that reminded me of Frankenstein. The hand was able to crawl on its own without the rest of their body. I think the hand belonged to a man based on how large it is. He came up to me and snapped his fingers to get me to look at him directly.

So you're the intruder who came here. Gomez had me clean up a bit just for you to marry Wednesday, the hand used American sign language.

Thankfully, I took a class before I was completely done with school.

"Well, not exactly," I declared to the extremity.

What do you mean not exactly?

"It's a forced marriage. Our parents wanted us to be engaged so we can take over their business and work together."

Oh. This is just like Morticia and Gomez when they were forced to be married. Except, they were in love already, the hand brought up a memory.

"Good for them, but Wednesday and I are not in love with each other. She already hates my guts," I pointed out.

"I suggest you keep your mouth shut or else I will sew it closed, dog. And Thing, I won't hesitate to rip every single fingernail off from each of your fingers," Wednesday venomously threatened as she partially glared at us.

"Come on Wednesday. There's no need to be disrespectful towards me and uh, Thing, was it?" I was being nice to the scary girl.

"I do not take orders from anyone nor do I listen to their commands. Rather, you should be the one listening to me since you are nothing but a dog," Wednesday rose to her feet and stood right by me.

"Again, I'm not a dog. I'm a werewolf. Also, at least be respectful to Thing and not me if you want. Isn't he your friend or family?" I wanted to give some justice to Thing.

"He's family and an assistant of mine," Wednesday made known.

"You know it's not that hard to be kind towards others," I laid down while glancing up at the short girl.

"I hate being kind to anyone. It involves vulnerable emotions that get you nowhere in life. I prefer to make enemies and torment those who underestimate me."