13. A Truth to Seek

A/n: I apologize for the long wait. I was focused on school, but I'm free. As a reward for waiting patiently, I added a little bit of spice for this chapter. Enjoy yourselves! :)

Wednesday Addams

"Your birthday is in a few days. Are you excited about it?"

"Not quite. I don't care much about celebrating it. It's merely a regular day."

Enid and I were lying on our bed together in our bedroom. We discussed arbitrary things that led up to my natal day. While my lover and I are resting upstairs, Pugsley is currently at school, and my parents are playing rounds of Uno with Thing in the dining area.

"Is there anything you want to do? I know everyone has told me you aren't a big fan of celebrating your big day, but maybe you have something in mind. You are turning eighteen," the werewolf scooted closer to me as we faced each other.

"Being with you and my family is enough of a celebration to me. Especially the stunt you pulled off on the weekend. You've done enough. I shouldn't expect a lot for my birthday," I spoke softly while gazing into her heavenly blue eyes.

"Aww, Wens! That's the cutest thing ever. Can I at least give you a gift?" Enid asked, smiling brightly.

"If you'd like to, I'll give you permission," I nodded once.

"Thanks Willa. You're the best," the lycanthrope brushed aside my bangs before giving me a sweet kiss on my forehead.

"You as well," I gave a kiss back on her forehead, leading the blonde to grin and stare affectionately at me.

Enid went on to intertwine my hand with hers and state, "You make me very happy."

"The feeling is mutual," I held my girlfriend's hand tight and even shared a miniature smile to show that my words were sincere.

Then, something snapped inside of Sinclair. All of sudden, she grabbed my face and planted numerous kisses everywhere. I didn't mind it as my abdomen felt moths fluttering, and my cheeks were converting into a crimson color. Enid stopped on her eighth peck before pulling away and sighing gleefully, laying her head back on the pillow.

"What was the purpose of your action?" I inquired in interest.

"You smiled, and I found it super adorable that I couldn't resist to give you so many of my finest kisses. I'm sorry if it was too much," she expressed guilt.

I hovered my fingers over Enid's face to caress it as I answered, "Don't apologize. I admire your physical touches. It doesn't torment me nor do I despise it. I'm comfortable with you presenting your love languages."

"Good, because I do not want to make you uneasy. That's the last thing I'd want," the therianthrope pointed out while putting a hand over mine that was brushing her cheek.

"I would've alerted you, but there's no need. I find it fascinating that I turned soft for you. How have things changed," I uttered to the woman.

"Heh. That's what love does to you."

"I agree."

The she-wolf continued beaming as she wrapped her arms around my shoulders and held me. Enid's head rested on top of my own as I slowly nuzzled her neck. We cuddled for a couple of minutes, not saying anything to each other. I haven't fully hugged Enid before, but I am aware she will erase any issue I have in mind if given the chance to be embraced by her. Almost like she has healing powers through physical contact.

I yearned for Enid and I to confess our love together for it to be a happy ending for us. However, there is one problem. The monster I wish to catch and murder is still on the loose. He is in the way of my future wife and I. After viewing my vision, I became determined to prevent our deaths from coming true.