7. Thinkable Actions

Wednesday Addams

Things have turned for the worst. My symptoms, also known as my feelings, have been spreading like wildfire. Enid is at fault for driving me mad. That foolish werewolf has put a curse on me. Or maybe it was my mother and father. Either way, I can't get rid of it no matter the solutions I try to return to my normal self.

Ever since Enid shifted into a lycanthrope, I made sure she wouldn't tell anyone about us napping together. This time, I didn't threaten her because there wasn't any point in doing so. Fortunately, she knew to keep it a secret between us. A week had gone by after that event, meaning my parents will be home tomorrow.

It's the seventh of September, more than a month left until my eighteenth birthday. A day after my birthday would be the wedding. Time flies by when you're not having fun. It's quite the opposite for me, and there's not a ton I can do about it. The situation with my feelings reminded me of the conversation between Goody and I.

Acknowledge the truth or live through the lies. Choose wisely or face the consequences Wednesday Addams. Your future lies in your hands and heart.

Her words had been repeated over and over in my head. I looked for answers and reasons why Goody visited me to make a statement. The more I thought about the context of her sentences, the more I realized what she meant. As a raven, I have visions solely on tragedies with the help of my ancestor. However, Goody is offering me advice to not cause a tragedy to my future.

The tragedy she is referring to is all about Enid and I. If I live through the lies, Enid will leave me, and I will face the consequences. If I choose the opposite, we'll be content together. Either option creates a sense of fearfulness in me. I tolerate the blonde more than I should profess. Imagining her leaving after the many weeks we pushed through together doesn't sit well with me.

There is no stage of hiding or throwing away the emotions that are ready to be erupted. It will bring me to insanity if I continue my old actions. I must let my walls down steadily instead of diving straight in. I need to learn how relationships work and try out remedies that I find. Maybe asking my parents for guidance won't be a problem as long as they don't act like fools because of it.

"Wednesday," I heard a voice call my name.

I whirled my head from my desk to Enid who sat on her sleeping bag.

"Yes?"

"I called your name a few times, and you didn't answer me. Are you okay?" The lycan asked worriedly.

"I'm fine. I have a lot on my mind at the moment," I declared to the beast.

"Do you need to vent?" Enid gave me an opportunity.

"Venting won't solve my problems. I have to do it alone," I replied.

"Well, I'm always here if you need me, Wens," Sinclair smiled comfortingly.

Will you always remain here?

"Do you really mean it?" I softly spoke.

"Mean what?" The werewolf tilted her head slightly.

"What you just said."

"Oh! Of course I mean it! I want to make sure that you're not suffering alone. I told that to Pugs before. You both can count on me to make you guys feel better," Enid genuinely flashed a smile.

It's very difficult to adjust the way she makes my heart flip everytime I see her express her happiness.

"Your consideration is plenty. You should be more aware of yourself instead of others," I turned away from my seat and began clicking the keys on my typewriter.