Go Out With a Yang

"GRAH!!!"

"Woah there, Blondie! Take it easy!"

"Shut up!"

His leg is up, and blocked my fist, so I reach to punch between his legs.

He kicks off with his unused foot, opting to fire a bullet at me. I tank it, since it's hardly enough to destroy my aura. But he also used the backlash to jump away from me.

"Let's be delicate, okay? Get too aggressive and I might change partners..."

Whether he's spouting bull or seriously talking about targeting Ruby, I'm just even more pissed. Hard to think straight when this guy is smirking at you.

"Okay, then. How about the box step?"

"Oh? Such personal, slow movement... Is that really your style? You got a crush on me?"

"You love spouting nonsense, don't ya?"

Change up my movement.

I fire my right gauntlet, launching to the left. He kicks bullets at me, so I fire behind myself, launching past his right side. Immediately after landing, I fire my left gauntlet, shooting into his blind-spot.

Super messy and not even a full box, but it was enough to result in an opening.

I fire toward him and connect my fist.

He turns into mist and I'm kicked in the stomach.

God dammit.

My aura lowers a bit more... Makes me stronger, but I have more to do after taking him down. I really shouldn't be reckless...

"Hey, the hell are you doing back here? Go rest your head on your mistress's lap or whatever."

"God, Mercury, I hurt myself to help you and you don't even take advantage of it? Didn't even do a sneak attack. You just HAD to be dramatic. Announce yourself to the whole world."

"Only to the sisters. You don't-"

He blocks my sudden punch once more. It's infuriating how well he's deflecting my blows.

"Just go and rest, already. You've lost enough blood."

Emerald's face is a paler hue than before, and her nose is dripping a lot of red.

"I'm not helping you anymore. Isn't worth it."

She holds her middle finger out as she turns to leave, and I yell out angrily.

"Motherfuckers! Stop showing up and leaving! Stick around for 2 damn seconds!"

My hair flares up, and I punch the annoying guy in front of me. As expected, he prevents any damage I could deal, but the forcefulness pushes him back, which is what I was going for.

I shoot myself toward Emerald and throw a punch. She notices too late, and gets blasted against a wall, her aura shattering.

"Mercury, get off your ass!!"