Our Dates' Patterns

"We have located the other three, Salem."

"Excellent."

"Is it really possible?"

"You doubt me?"

"N-No... I simply lack your vision..."

"I'm no fool, Cinder. My plan shall succeed."

...

.........

"What was she thinking?"

Ruby asks me as we awaken.

"I think she had been feeling a little jealous, but it only came out because of a tragedy."

Ruby nods as I speak. "That sounds right."

I can't help but sigh.

"If she wanted to be around us, she'd probably have come back by now, so. I guess we gotta figure out what to do without her."

"We had been planning on coming to see you after we graduated, but you ruined those plans."

"Heh. I guess all I can hope for now is that those who lurk in the shadows will finally reveal themselves. This ongoing war has been a pain, and I'm just waiting for the second one of them has the guts to show their face."

"You'll kick their asses."

I chuckle at her flattery.

"We will together, Ruby. You're no helpless girl."

"You wouldn't save me if I was a princess sitting atop a tower surrounded by a flaming dragon?"

"I'm more scared of what you'd do to the dragon."

We exchange laughter for a bit. After the upsetting night we had prior, I am immensely pleased to see her smile.

I gently stroke her cheek. "Wanna take a stroll?" I offer.

"If we do, another portal will appear."

"Tch, honestly I wouldn't be surprised."

"Or a bookstore will explode and interrupt our date."

I can't help but chuckle. "We really can't have a normal date can we?"

"Ideally, our date would be interrupted by your sister meeting us like at the Vytal Festival."

I raise my eyebrows. The fact that we couldn't have a normal date was, 2 times out of 3, because a danger appeared.

Perhaps a stroll would grant us the third option, however.

I take her by the hand, and we walk down the streets of this beautiful city.

"Did you two stay in your dorms for the most part?"

"No, we came out here a lot."

"To eat?"

"Yeah, but also to people-watch."