Reflection

"Absolutely delectable..."

"Yeah, seriously. I haven't dined out in a while... It's very homely here, too."

"Faunus-run diners often feel that way. It's a very pleasant experience."

"Oh? Miss Schnee visits Faunus Diners regularly, apparently."

"Ah, well... Yes..."

Hm?

"I had... Prejudices, once upon a time. I feel quite guilty about them. It makes me feel a bit more at ease when my money supports those whom I once mistreated."

"So you've matured, then?"

"Well... I don't think growing out of prejudice is something that should be praised. It should be the norm."

"Whether or not it should be the norm doesn't make the self-improvement unpraiseworthy."

"Well...! I suppose I cannot argue with that... I simply cannot let myself believe I'm some goddess for treating the Faunus people with a brighter attitude."

"Sounds like you were conceited back in the day."

"I most certainly was... I recall my last fight in the Vytal Festival on that day. Of course, the only words I spoke before the match began were words of confidence."

"Well, considering how talented you are, I don't think it's entirely unwarranted."

"You may stop flattering me... That match ended up being the catalyst for a lot of the bad things that happened that night..."

"Oh?"

"I ended up wounding the girl I faced off with... After that, the Grimm began their attack, and a lot of people died."

...

The conversation has turned dark, but... I haven't really talked to anyone about that day, so it's probably time to discuss it for once.

"I'll never forgive myself for being absent most of that day..."

"You are a one-man army, (Y/N). I would wager they waited for your disappearance before they began the attack."

"I guess..."

"I regret that day as well, I will not deny that. I wounded a talented huntress, meaning there was one less savior there to protect the innocent."

She sighs before continuing.

"I recall working myself to the bone... Trying to do the work of 2 huntresses at once... All because I put another out of commission... How many lives were lost because of my mistake?"

"Wounded huntress, huh? You ever considered speaking to that girl?"

"Well, with communications as restricted as they've become, I doubt I could ever see her again."

"Then let's imagine a hypothetical. If you could meet her... Would you want that?"

"... Yes. There isn't a single day that I don't wish I could get on my knees and apologize to her..."