01. Are You Having A Midlife Crisis?

Chapter One, Are You Having A Midlife Crisis?

"I feel like you have a problem," Inari said as she noticed that Joe had been giving her the cold shoulder lately

"I came home to the nanny not knowing where you were and you not picking up my calls but I checked your Instagram story and you were out with your girls like you don't have a husband and six children at home waiting on you," Joe said.

"First of all, the nanny knew where I was and I had already told you I was going to be gone all day when you got home so it ain't my fault you tune out what I say to you," Inari said.

"Are you going through a mid-life crisis or something because lately you've been going out a lot," Joe said.

Inari rolled her eyes.

"Midlife crisis takes place approximately between the ages of 40 and 60, I'm not at that stage of life yet and you know those are paid appearances, Joe, it's not like I'm not home with you and our kids so don't make it seem like I'm absent from you all," Inari said.

Joe has been complaining about Inari's public appearances a lot lately, especially when it takes her all over the country and away from him and the kids. He doesn't like it and wishes she would stop doing them.

"You missed the boys' soccer game today," Joe said.

"And you have missed countless of them but I miss one and I'm the bad guy, Joe, really?" Inari questioned him. "This isn't fair. I supported you when you were on the road for weeks, not seeing me and our kids and now I'm doing something I enjoy and you can't support it," She said.

"It's not about supporting it, Inari, it's the fact that it takes up all of your time that you forget about your family," He said.

Inari shakes her head.

"Take that back, Joe, I would never forget about my family and you know that," She said, tearing up.

Inari couldn't Joe would say something like that. She doesn't play about her family. When she travels, her kids are always with her unless it's something that she knows is not appropriate for them to be around like adult-oriented events. Her family is always her priority and it isn't fair for Joe to say that she is forgetful of them.

Inari wipes her tears with the back of her hand.

Joe pulls her close to his body and wraps an arm around her waist. "Look, I'm sorry but you need to find a balance," He said.

"You're being so mean to me when I'm just trying to enjoy myself after all these years of being in the background taking care of everything and everyone," She said, revealing how she truly felt.

Inari had her and Joe's first child at eighteen years old. While she did manage to keep going to school and playing volleyball. Her life was changed forever. She was a mother first before anything so she had to give up a lot of things.