Chapter 4: Xan and Penguins

(this is one of their names, just not the one we usually call them by)

                                                                    Xanthi's POV:

I was visiting a cold place, I'm not sure what it's called but me and some of my friends came here to have some fun, but most importantly, we came here to see some penguins. We stopped at an area where there were quite a few of the birds. (They're a type of bird I think.....anyways..) walked up to one and it started to try and attack me. I backed away as it just kept getting closer to me. my friends were watching and came over to help. more penguins came over and started to attack us all. we had tried to fight back at them but they kept biting us, eventually more people came over and helped. though, they also got hurt in the process.

after a bit i was taken to a hospital, considering all the wounds i had gotten from those viscous penguins. my friends weren't hurt as bad as i was so they didn't need to be here. needless to say, i hate penguins and i never want to see one ever again.

i had soon found out that there were two other people here that were attacked by some sort of bird, could it be a coincidence? we were all attacked on the same day but by different types of birds. when i get the chance i'm going to talk to them, i have to see if they have the same thought as i do. cause this just seems strange to me.. really fucking strange.

I was soon told that i was okay to go, i just had to be careful with all the cuts and bruises i had received from the attack. i saw the two other people i was told about (the two people that were also attacked by some type of bird) outside as well. i went up to them with no hesitation.

"hey, are you.. Twix and moon?" i asked curiously.
the boy then replied with, "yeah, I'm Twix and this is my friend Moon. your.. Xanthi, correct?"
i nodded in response. "yep! but sorry to bother you, i just wanted to ask you both something.
"go ahead!" Moon spoke sweetly as she said this.
"alright, i wanted to ask you if you had also thought that something weird is happening, all in the same day we were all attacked by different birds. i know it may just be a coincidence, but its just an idea. i found it strange." i spoke out. 
"i mean, now that i think about it. yeah, it does seem weird.. almost as if animals are planning something against us..? that might sound crazy, though its a possibility." Twix said, he had a point to be honest.
"what he said" The other girl replied, gesturing towards him whilst doing so.
"Great, i was thinking that we could go somewhere and discuss this, if that's okay with you both?" i questioned. Twix and Moon both nodded in agreement. "Awesome!, what time?"
"we could go now if your not busy."  Moon suggested.
"Sounds like a plan then, lets gooo!" I exclaimed and started walking to my house, i had decided its better if we go there, since i live alone. that's if you don't count my dog.

We soon arrived at my house and walked in. we sat down on the sofa and but the TV on for some background noise, The news was on. what they were saying caught my attention. they said something along the lines of:
"some chickens had attacked a someone's house earlier today. Three people were found dead with a bunch of chickens around the house. some were covered in bløød so there was no doubt it was them. we have reports saying that there was another person that lived there, whos name is Jessica Smith. She was nowhere to be seen in the area. Some people said they saw someone running away from the house and believe that was her." This had me even more convinced than before. 
"something's definitely happening.." i muttered.