6

Third POV

A few weeks have past and everything seemed to be normal between the five girls. Minji and Hanni had gotten closer and hung out a lot after school or on the weekends. Some would call it a date because of all the flirting that takes place, but neither of them put a label on it, they just had fun around each other and Hanni would help Minji take her mind off of a certain someone for a little bit.

Despite all her efforts to forget about that one friendly kiss the cat-eyed girl laid on her, she couldn't. Minji knew it meant nothing and she shouldn't overthink it since they were currently in a good place, but hey, it's hard to forget your first love after all.

"Well, she's clearly not thinking about you, Minji." The class president mumbled to herself as she saw Danielle and Haerin full on making out against the lockers. She pretended like she didn't see them and walked away to her office.

When she got there, Hanni was already sitting in her chair with her legs up on the table as she was... reading a book?

"The book's upside down, Pham Pham." Minji set her bag down on the floor and pushed Hanni's feet off of the desk.

"Uh, I knew that... it's my special talent to read that way."

"Sure, whatever you say," the older girl nodded her head.

Hanni pouted, "Why do I even bother, you never believe me anyways."

"Are you actually getting upset over this?" Minji chuckled.

"What- I'm not upset," she crossed her arms.

Minji couldn't help but let out a smile at how cute the girl in front of her was being.

"Would it make you feel better if I come over after school to help you study for Mr. Choi's test?"

Hanni shook her head like a child, unsatisfied with Minji's proposal.

Minji sighed, "Fine. What do you want?"

A smirk slowly crept onto Hanni's face. She tapped her lips with her index finger, "Give me a kiss."

"No way, I'm not doing that!"

Hanni dramatically gasp and acted hurt, "Oh come on, there are far worse things in life than kissing me, Kim Minji."

Minji gave a blank stare at the Australian, not giving her any sort of response.

"Ah, I see. You've never kissed anyone before!"

The class president's cheeks became flushed, "Do you have to be so fucking loud about it?"

Hanni jumped out of the chair and poked the other girl's arm as she was teasing her.

"Okay okay, are you done? Lots of people haven't kissed anyone yet at our age, I don't think it's embarrassing at all," Minji rolled her eyes.

"You're right, I'm sorry. I just thought you have, even if it was an innocent one from your childhood," Hanni calmed down and sat on top of the desk.

Minji shook her head, looking down at the floor. Actually she lied, it was kind of embarrassing for her to have never been kissed before, but with her focus being on her academics and getting rejected by her previous long time crush, she never tried dating. 

"Do you want to know what it feels like?"

"Huh?" Minji lifted her head up to meet Hanni's gaze.

"To kiss someone," Hanni slightly leaned her body towards the older girl.

Minji gulped, it's not like she hasn't thought about Hanni in that way before. She has caught herself admiring the shorter girl and staring at her plump lips a couple of times. Judging by the looks of them, she imagined that they were soft and probably taste nice since she always uses a strawberry flavored lip gloss. Huh, maybe it wouldn't be so bad to have her first kiss with Hanni.

She didn't realize that she was already inching closer to her. Their eyes met, both filled with curiosity and an urge to fill in the gap. Minji was sure that she wanted this.

They both leaned in, lips almost touching the other until...

"Minji, my mom made you... lunch," the class president quickly turned away from Hanni and to the person at the door.

Haerin looked at them in shock, but kept her composure and cleared her throat, "Sorry, did I interrupt something?"

"Yes," Hanni sighed.

"No, you didn't," Minji glared at Hanni before walking over to Haerin. She took the lunch box from the latter's hand.

"You didn't have to come all the way here to give me this, Haerin-ah."

"I know, but I wanted to walk with you to class. I just wasn't expecting you to have company," Haerin looked at the other girl in the room who was laying down on the desk with a bored expression.

"Ah, I see... well, the three of us can go together?" Minji awkwardly suggested, but Haerin nodded her head.

They left Minji's office and made their way to first period. The walk felt longer than usual and the tension felt thick. It would've been quiet for the remainder of the trip if Haerin wouldn't have spoken up first.

"Do you want to come to my house tonight?" She turned to Minji, who was in the middle of her and Hanni.

"She can't since she'll be tutoring me," Hanni interjected.

"Maybe after? You can sleep over, I'm sure my mom won't mind," Haerin ignored the shorter girl as she kept her stare on Minji.

"I think we'll be staying up pretty late, Haerin. I have the worse grades in our class, I'll need all the help I can get. Right, Minji?"

"I-uh..." Minji could hardly get a word in as the two girls were firing back at each other.

"Well, if you need the extra help then I suppose I can join you guys-"

"No, it's fine! I wouldn't want to waste your time, Haerin."

Haerin shook her head, "I have nothing going on tonight, I wouldn't mind at all. Really."

"Oh okay... I guess I can't say no to that then."

"Great," Haerin said with a sly smile. Hanni on the hand, was clearly not as happy as her.

They finally arrived outside of the classroom and Minji let out a relieved sigh.

"Well, I'm glad we got this settled. Let's have a good class, guys. Bye!" Minji rushed inside the classroom and took her seat. Hyein gave her a questioning look, but the older girl shook her head.

"I'll tell you later."

As the class went on, a realization hit Minji. She's going to have to spend the rest of the day with both girls. She was still freaking out over the fact that she and Hanni had almost kissed and Haerin, out of all people, had to be the one to witness it. Now she was also worried because of the intense vibe between the two of them earlier.

"Maybe I should cancel and say I'm not feeling well? No, that would be too obvious. Plus, Hanni do need to get her grades up..." Minji thought.

Then, an idea came to her mind. She tapped Hyein's shoulder when their teacher wasn't looking.

The younger girl faced Minji, "What?"

"Hangout with Hanni, Haerin, and I after school."

"Ooh okay. I have a feeling this will be fun," Hyein giggled and turned back around.

It would be less weird if Hyein was there and Minji can tutor her as well. She doubt the other two girls would fight again, especially in front of Hyein, but she wasn't positive that they wouldn't.

"God, I hope I'm right," Minji groaned, laying her head down on the cold desk in front of her.