Chapter 9 (EDITED)

******************************
I look over my shoulder, my knees weakening seeing Abhiraj's face devoid of any emotions.

I am completely unaware of this man. Except for his name and that he runs a company, I don't have any single information about him.

It's scaring the hell out of me.

"Congratulations on your marriage Mrs. Rajvansh." He smiles humorasly, his gaze cold.

I look at him my heart beating in an abnormal rhythm.

My eyes filling up, my hope is breaking.

How will this work?

His behaviour is giving away everything and the malice in his eyes when I walked at the altar, showed how much dislike he carries for me.

This congratulation felt more like a taunt.

Was he forced?

How could I have thought even for a second that Abhiraj Singh Rajvansh would ever want to marry someone like me?

Mens like him are not for the girls like me.

Why didn't I consider the consequences of marrying him? I could have fought my family harder.

Breathe Ishika Breathe.

Stay calm. Don't let your overthinking destroy this day.  Everything will fall into place.

Things will turn out for your best.

And even if it doesn't, we'll survive, it'll not be the end. So stop jeopardizing your thoughts.

      _________________________

Luckily, I am taken to his room after performing all the post wedding rituals.

I am drained out.

Closing the door shut, I walk into the bedroom, faint light coming from the night bulb is brightening the space from its darkness. Curtains drawn, blocking the moonlight from reaching the room. White sheets spread on the bed hidden with  heaps of blankets neatly kept on  it. The walls are painted dark, theming with the curtains.

The dark and cold aura of this room is impenetrable making me stand rooted to the spot. The darkness is making my soul vulnerable.

I am feeling as if I'll break at any moment.

"Done?"

I turn around as an authoritative voice shatters my thoughts.

I blink in confusion as walk towards me.

"Are you done?" He repeats.

His voice hoarsly cold, making my stomach clench.

I lick my dry lips before answering, "I was just looking around."

Our last meeting is very hazy in my memory.

He isn't just beautiful, he is.....captivating. And he is sooo tall.

Dark brown hair framing a finely sculpted face. While a firmly etched mouth, a blade of a nose, and intense sea-green eyes are making him look divine.

Those eyes were blank, his features otherwise rested impassively.

I quickly looked down not able to hold my tears.

I don't know why his eyes are making me feel powerless and vulnerable.

"I never knew I was getting married to my employee. And especially You." He says with contempt.

I quickly look up, his head tilted to the side, his jaws clench while his shifts his gaze towards my suitcase.