Chapter 30

A Week left...

I'm lounging on the couch, back propped up against the headrest as I review some files for the merger.

Tinkerbell is carefully folding and arranging her belongings in the large suitcase, kept on the bed

In the middle, Ivaan is sitting cross-legged, watching his shortie's every move with a curious expression. He hasn't left her side since she started the packing process.

"Mumma?" he pipes up suddenly, making me curious to hear his thoughts. It's soothing to hear him call Tinkerbell mamma, she is his little mother. I grin on my thoughts.

"How will I taste your food whenever you'll try some new dish, if you're gone?"

Ishika pauses, a soft smile playing across her lips as she turns to face the concerned little boy. "Don't worry bug, I'll make sure to share my recipes with Mala Amma before I leave. That way you can still enjoy my cooking while I'm away."

Tinkerbell appointed Amma as our cook.

Ivaan's brow furrows skeptically. "But it won't be the same."

I have to stifle a chuckle at not so hidden resistance. But I can't deny his fact- Tinkerbell cooks occasionally or when she is extremely delighted, and let me tell you she is a brilliant cook.

"You're so cute," Bella coos, kissing his plump cheeks affectionately. "I'll miss cooking for my cute little boy too, especially the praises I get. But don't worry, you'll be with me soon and then I'll spoil you again, okay?"

Ivaan lips thinned mulling over her words for a moment. Another second, his eyes widen as if he realized something. "Wait...but mumma, what if you dress pretty and look beautiful? How will I tell you that you look like a princess? I always do that." His words catches me off guard.

His concern is overwhelming. They do have a very special bond between them.

Tinkerbell's eyes softens with adoration as she scoops Ivaan up, settling him on her lap. "And your compliments always make me feel confident," she pecks his cheeks. "Tell you what - I'll always video call you whenever I'll dress special, and I'll send you pics of my outfits daily and you can tell me if I look pretty then, yeah?"

"Yes!" Ivaan screeches excitedly, bobbing his head up and down. "I'll do a great job mumma, you'll see!"

"I know you will," she laughs, hugging him tightly.

" But I don't have a phone."

" Oh you'll not be getting one. I'll message Mr.big." she whisper in his ears.

I feel a hollowness in my chest I've never felt before as I watch their tender interaction, losing the track of files kept in front of me. It's shocking how this little woman has wholly and completely become Ivaan's mother figure, I've never seen the kid longing for his real parents. He loves and depends on her so deeply already.

How is he going to handle her being gone for a year or more? My heart hurts for them both just thinking about it.

As if sensing the heaviness of my gaze, tinkerbell meets my eyes over Ivaan's head. Her eyes are filled with a thousand unspoken emotions - I fail at deciphering except for one, sadness it's dominating her beautiful irises.

I offer her a reassuring half-smile hoping my eyes will convey that my words can't. That I'll take care of Ivaan, that she can pursue this opportunity with my unwavering support, that our strange little family will be okay.

She returns my smile with her subtle yet hesitant one. She's cute, that I actually gave up being rude with her, after our initial interactions. And I still remember how her eyes filled up when I without a second thought discarded her feelings, even after that she was polite with me. Making me feel Guilty.