-Interview-

(Fun fact: Jasmine's death pains me more then Marcus's.)

"AAAAAAH!!!!"

Paige shot up from the bed, screaming her lungs out.

"Hey hey hey!" Arms grabbed her and she shrieked louder, trying to shove them away but they were too strong, pinning her own to her chest as she panicked, hugging her tightly. "Sshh, it's over now, it's over."

She was struggling to breath as a hand passed on her head, gently petting it.

"J-Johanna?" Paige questioned, voice weak and cracked.

"Mhm." The mentor said without letting her go, not wanting the girl to hurt herself in her freak out and she knew just how much she had wished for a hug herself when she came too outside the arena, having been alone unlike her.

Paige looked around, seeing that she was in a room she visited before, her tribute quarters.

Tribute.

Tear came to her face, looking up at the somber mentor.

"M-Marcus was meant to live not me." She said, pressing her face into the other woman's chest as she started to cry her heart out. "It was meant to be him!!"

"I know." She whispered, gently rocking the younger woman. "I know."

--------------------------------------------------------------

"So, how is she taking it?" Enobaria asked, leaning against a wall near to 7's mentor.

"As good as we could expect." Johanna said, looking at the screen, they were just back stage as Paige needed to do a final interview before she'd be left alone for a week, then her life as a victor would start when Snow puts that damned crown on her head.

"Poor girl, she did all she could for her brother and them all but each moment she looked away just for a moment, it all came crashing down."

"I am sorry for your tribute, she was a nice girl."

"Yes, I know." She nodded with a sigh, hand over her heart, not even the most hardened of 1 and 2 could bare being victors the same way they imagined it before their own games. "I wish they hadn't played it together."

"I do too." After the game was always a somber moment for mentors.

"And about your father, did his death affect how you played the game in any way?" Johanna choked on her drink and looked at the screen with big eyes.

Shit! She had tried to cover it up with Manson, having found the victor, cold, in his home, that nightlock pill Snow gives to each victor, gone and consumed, unable to live with the idea his children would die as he had known Marcus was not trained enough yet and Paige would die for him. 

They were going to tell Paige in a calm place, minimize the shock, but somehow the Capitol got its grubby hands on the info and now this was happening.

"Stop the interview!" Johanna's yell surprised Enobaria but she didn't question it, following 7's mentor as she ran out of the room.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Paige felt numb currently, it was much better then being in pain, heart aching with each beat when 23 others would never beat again.

And yet she smile politely, a bit more reserved then before but still elegant and welcoming, as she sat with Caesar for her interview as the victor.