-Capitol II-

Paige rocked back and forth, hidden with the few survivors in Tigris's hidden cellar place.

Holding Cato's glove as she stared ahead blankly.

She held on it so tight she might have ripped it if it wasn't made from leather.

He was gone.

The only other person to remember on little sickly career tribute from 2, he was gone, with the memories of Jasmine and his own too.

Cato was gone.

He was gone.

Johanna watched with a frown before looking ahead at the little remainder of the group.

"I made it up." Katniss said, making all look at her. "All of it....There is no special mission from coin. There's only my plan.... Everyone that's dead is dead because of me....I lied."

Johanna wanted to be mad, truly mad but....

"We know." The film woman said. (I really should learn her name.)

Katniss looked at her in shock.

"We all knew."

"The soldiers from 13?"

"They did, too....Do you really believe that Jackson thought you had orders from coin? She trusted Boggs and he clearly wanted you to go on."

"I never meant for this to happen. I failed. I...I killed them. I killed Cato and I'm sorry, Pollux. I'm so sorry."

"Glimmer, Marvel, Mags, Clove, Wiress, Rue." Peeta said. "What do all those deaths mean?... They mean that our lives were never ours.... There was no real life because we didn't have any choice. Our lives belong to Snow and our deaths do too.... But if you kill him, Katniss...If you end all of this, all those deaths, they mean something. Cinna, Boggs, Castor,Jackson, Cato. They chose this. They chose you."

"Paige walked into this." Johanna said. "Terrified but willing to follow you, you thought I didn't suspect something? She is a stubborn person, she wouldn't have let Jackson point her gun at you if she didn't know of something we didn't... She was willing to follow you so I could only trust her."

Paige didn't look at a message from Snow was broadcasted, seeing something peek from the glove, pulling out the hair tie that got stuck in it.... The very first one give to 2, Jasmine's one, Paige's one.

"To all capitol citizens more than a half mile outside the city circle, I am announcing a mandatory evacuation. Come to the mansion. I am promising you shelter and sanctuary. All refugees, come to my home and there you will be provided with food, medicine, safety for your children and you will have my solemn oath to protect you until my dying breath." 

"Wish he'd hurry up with that last part." Katniss said.

"Our enemy is not like us. They do not share our values. They have never known our comfort and our sophistication and they despise us for it. Make no mistake. They are not coming to liberate us. They are coming to destroy our way of life. They are coming to bury us."

"Is he still in the mansion? Peeta?" Katniss asked.

"Yeah. I recognize the room." He nodded. "She has only been once but I am sure Paige would agree."

"Where is that?"

Paige pulled the hair tie on her wrist, staring at it before pulling on the glove.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

"Head straight north. There's gonna be thousands of refugees, just get into that stream and don't look up." The film woman said as Tigris carried in clothing.

"Are you sure you want to go?" Paige was asked, shaking herself out of the shock.

She nodded towards Johanna, grabbing a coat out of the Capitol stylist's hands.

"Tigris, thank you for everything you've done." Katniss said.

"Why do I need to stay dammit?" Johanna asked, Katniss said only Paige and Gale.... And Paige agreed.

"I am not losing you, plus it is my job to keep Katniss safe." Paige said. "Please trust me Jo, if they get found out here, Finnick alone can't hold them off."

"You know I hate it when you do this."

"I know.... See you later?"

"Yeah.... See you later."

Paige hugged Johanna tightly and got the same hug back.

------------------------------------------------

Under her hood and coat, Paige tightly held on one of her hand axe, white knuckled grip, as she followed Katniss and Gale.

So close, they are so close to ending it all.

Walking and mixing with the crow

"By order of president snow,all residents must proceed to the presidential estate. Please, continue to move forward in a calm and orderly fashion. Additional food, medicine and clothing will be provided upon arrival."

Paige's ears hurt, that sentence was being repeated over and over.

They walked under white arches, the crowd looking nothing like their usual colorful bunch, all grey, brown and blacks.

All looked so scared.

And there was the mansion in front of them.

Peacekeeper staring down at them.

She looked up to see a little girl in a yellow jacket staring at Katniss, she stepped in the line of vision, who knows if she would accidentally recognize her and blow the cover.

She smiled a little as the little girl smiled ba--Suddenly a missile was launched in the side of a building, creating chaos, people screaming, running for shelter they couldn't find.

"It's the rebels!" A man's voice came.

"The rebels are attacking!" A woman now.

Paige looked in shock as it was indeed them and they were aiming at the defenseless civilians. 

"Run!" As another missile came

Paige pushed Katniss down as the peacekeepers fired back.

"Mama! Mama!" Paige looked, finding the same yellow jacket girl.

Paige looked at her, horror freezing her blood, the rebels have gone to far.

"Paige!" Katniss called, grabbing her cloak but she just yanked it off the girl as she ran, vaulting over the barrier and yanked the girl up from bawling over the corpse of her mother, sprinting to hide

"Come on! Come on!" Gale pulled Katniss away, losing sight of Paige.

"You there! Put that child do--" She hit her axe through the side of the head of a peacekeeper, stumbling backwards, out of the line of fire.

The child kept screaming in her ears but held on in terror, she just couldn't let another life be lost for nothing.

She duck behind the rubles of an already blows up arch piece, forcing the child's face against her neck.

"Sssh, ssh, it will all be fine." She whispered, holding her tight, not sure if she was trying to reassure herself  or the child. "It will be fine, we are fine, all is fine." And suddenly, a huge explosion that shook the ground sounded off.

She stood up, holding the child still with one hand and axe in the other, running out in the middle of the street, watching in horror the bombing that took place

"Medic!" A scream came as they rushed in.

"Medic! Medic!"

"Bring a stretcher!"

She walked closer with horror, blood from claw marks a mutt gave her on her face, a limp from tar burnt onto her leg, the loss of Cato... All of that for this?

All of tha--BOOM!!

The shock wave threw her back, dropping the axe as she covered the child's head whilst hers was smashed down into the pavement.