Chapter 1 - The Girl with a Flower in Her Hair

Okay, here's another sappy, romancy Elvis fanfic! I've never written a story that takes place in Hawaii, and I love Elvis and his movie Blue Hawaii, so I decided to combine them all. This story idea has been on my list of Elvis story ideas for a couple of years, so I'm pretty excited to get started on it. I hope you all enjoy it! 🌺💗

~ ~ ~

The warm salty sea wind encumbered with the scent of sweet flora and fauna filled my nostrils as I took a deep intake of breath. Sand seethed through my toes and the sound of the crashing waves filled my ears. This was literally paradise. I loved Hawaii, and a great excuse to come here was filming a movie. I could experience a place that I loved while doing what I loved.

The sun was lowering to the waterline, casting a golden glow over the water, and the sky was filled with pinks and yellows. This was like a painting, only it was real. Where else could the scenery be this beautiful? In my opinion, nowhere.

"You seem to be miles away, El," said a female voice, and I turned my head to face my petty costar Joan Blackman. She was three years younger than me, and her brown curly hair was pulled back into a little ponytail. We had just wrapped filming for the day, and a photographer wanted to get some pictures of me and Joan in our swimwear. She had on a cute little orange two-piece, and I was in my short white trunks.

"I'm just appreciatin' the place," I told her and gestured to the lowering sun. "I mean, look at that..."

"It really is beautiful," she said as we stood there, gazing over the horizon, and the palm trees and other greenery of the island completed the picture. "I don't think there's anything else like it."

"I don't think so, either. This island has a way of enchantin' people."

She nodded. "I agree."

We continued gazing out at the scenery for a minute more, then we were called back for some more pictures. Honestly, I just wanted to go out and jump in the ocean, feel the warm Hawaiian sea take over every inch of my body. It was like a bath, only in mother nature, and among the fish and sea turtles.

Joan and I posed for the pictures, and in one of them, I had to hug her from the back as we gazed out at the ocean. She felt so nice against me. My mind immediately flooded with memories of when we went steady for a short time four years ago.

Some more pictures were taken to promote the film, and since Joan played my character's girlfriend, I had no trouble getting close to her.

"Okay, that's a wrap everyone!" a man called, and people started putting equipment away. Even though this was work for everyone, including myself, it was like a vacation, being in Hawaii. I knew that once these people had everything back in their respective hotel suites, they would come out, enjoy the beach or go out on the town. Me? I couldn't relax. Work, work, work. But still, it was nice being in a tropical paradise.

"Elvis, we have a bit of a situation," said Jerry as he stood with me as I put on a flimsy button-up shirt with palm trees on it, and I had slipped on a pair of white slacks.

"What kind of situation?"

"A few fans got into your suite by breaking in through the door."

I paused buttoning, and I looked at my best pal since I was nineteen. "Hold on, a few fans got into my room?" I smirked, amused by this. "Were they girls?"

"Who else?"

"Pretty girls?"

He smirked. Of course he knew I had a weakness for pretty girls. "I don't know. They were caught as they were escaping the resort with a few of your shirts. The shirts were returned, and the girls were punished with not having a chance of meeting you and a possible arrest."