New Friends and Truth Bomb

No one

It was now August 15th, 2012 and Abigail was in her cold bedroom while her mother and her abuser were arguing about bills. Abigail's eyes were dim.

She covered her ears.

Her father's footsteps soon stomped up the steps. She looked up in fear he would hurt her again. She already had bruises and cuts on her arms, legs and part of her neck from when he was angry which was a couple days ago.

She waited for him to burst through the door.

She shivered in fear of being hurt again. She wanted to run away, but knew she couldn't leave her mother or her best friends behind.

Mila curled next to her.

Abigail pet her cat as her body shook. She was afraid of her father. She feared her grandparents as well. She had a scheduled dance later that day. It was customary for her to be dressed nicely for said ball.

Mila licked her face in reassurance.

The now two-year-old was afraid and hugged her cat. She didn't like the idea of being hurt every single day.

The door was slammed open.

Abigail jumped and looked up to see who it was that had slammed her bedroom door open.

Chewie looked up.

There stood the child's grandmother. She was smiling happily as she had with her a bunch of dressy clothes for her granddaughter to wear.

Mila wanted to gag just seeing them.

Abigail felt more scared and hugged her cat more closely as she held Mila in her arms.

The old woman walked over.

The child let out a scared whimper as she backed away from the woman.

"Come on, Abigail. It's time for the ball," she says to the child.

"I no want go." Abigail shook her head.

"Abigail," the old woman said with a warning in her tone.

The two-year-old refused to listen and petted Mila's head.

"Abigail, don't make me come over there," she said.

"..." silence was all that was given to her by her granddaughter. She refused to walk over. She hated being forced to have these balls set up.

Her grandmother, Nari Kim, glared.

Abigail was looking out the window that had several boards surrounding it and wondered what time it was right now.

"Abigail, stand now," Nari said.

The little girl shook her head and petted her cat. She looked at Chewie and Kona.

Chewie looked at her. Kona was sitting.

"Sic 'em, boys," she says to the two dogs.

Chewie and Kona stood to their paws, growling at Nari.

The woman's eyes widened in horror and fear, before she placed the dresses on the bed. "Fine. Get dressed. We have a ball to attend." With that, Nari walked out and closed the door.

Chewie and Kona both sat in front of her bed, wanting a treat.

Abigail smiled and took out two bones she had hidden in a secret box she had gotten from her mother. She gave one bone to both dogs. She looked at the dresses and knew she was going to be scolded for being late to the play date.

The two dogs started munching happily on the treats.

The two-year-old sighed and stood to her feet. She decided to just get the ball thing done and over with.