Chapter IV: Selene

"Who dares enter my home!" Selene's mother yelled once she was next to True Lover. Selene went to stand by her parents, turned back to Scheven and Soren and said. "You guys really thought I'd go with this?" her parents turned to her. "You thought I'd betray my parents for you two?" Selene drew her own weapon and aimed it at them as her parents did. "I ask again, who goes there!" True Lover said once more. True Queen lit a candle to reveal Scheven and Soren's faces. "I should've known. It only took you thirty years." she said menacingly as she moved closer to Scheven, weapon poised. "If you knew this was to happen, why did you let me rule Miriejar?" he asked, no falter in his voice. "I wasn't sure. But now that you've made things clear, Miriejar is no longer yours. It is Selene's. The two of you shall be arrested. Selene, run down there and get some guards. We can handle them." Selene ran out of the room, Soren and Scheven almost following, but her parents pinned them down somehow.
    When Selene returned with Tage and a few army members, they carried them away. As her parents tried to calm down from the attack. Selene did her best to comfort them and herself, knowing that she had also come close to dying. Once they were all calm, they attempted to go back to sleep. Selene laid in her childhood bedroom, rethinking the events of the last few days. She had succeeded, and gotten all of Mirirejar, but she couldn't help but think about how close she had come to failing.
    The next day Selene set back for Mirirejar as if nothing had happened. She eventually came to Faormen to retrieve her things before going to Imperial City. She had decided to attempt to let the sub-kingdoms function without sub-rulers and see how that would work out. It seemed to go great, and had no idea why they were needed in the first place. She didn't think that she herself was even needed, only her mother. Besides, with no looming threats to Iphica, their great continent, there seemed to be no need for Tage either. Her mother had warned her and her siblings, however, of The Isles, a dangerous cluster of islands south of Iphica where mighty beasts and fantastical creatures roamed. Iphicans hadn't been to the isles for years before anyone living had even been born. However, the inhabitants could come back any time now. This had always worried Selene, but it seemed she would never meet these beasts.
    She laid down in her new bed, taking in the glorious bedroom. Servants attend her every whim, as they always had, but something was different here. In Zellarid, there was a mutual respect for everyone despite class or job. In Faormen, the culture was too fun-loving and party-like to care about such things. However, here in Imperial city, it was as if her subordinates weren't just scared into obedience, but terrified. Selene couldn't think of a reason why, for she was a very kind and much softer person than previous rulers. Selene wouldn't hurt a fly. Nevertheless, she hoped she'd find a way to be contempt with her new crown.