Chapter XVIII: Narrator Mashup

Scheven and Luna had traveled for a long time, but were finally in Imperial City. As they walked around the square, they tried to get information out of some citizens, but they hadn't even known that Luna and Soleil were gone.as they walked around, they finally came to the square where they saw a small group of travelers. Immediately, they recognised who it was. They had put Soleil and Soren in handcuffs, and Selene stood in between them. "How should we approach this?" Scheven asked Luna. "I'm not sure. We can't risk a straight on attack, they outnumber us by too many." Scheven nodded. "Yes, but out in the open like this we might have no other choice but to fight in the square." It was now Luna's turn to nod. "If we free Soleil and Soren we'd have a more even playing field. Arlie can be tough, Beau has nothing going for him but a height advantage, Soren might be able to take Tage, and we shouldn't have to worry too much about Chloe or Xayah. Selene could go either way, but would likely side with Soren. I think you're right. Let's go up from behind, we can probably get Soren and Soleil out easily if Selene helps us too. Let's go." They crept around the town, trying not to be seen by Soren and Soleil's captors, but that was a near impossible task. They noticed them, and came charging at them.

As Aurora and Perdido entered Imperial City Square, they saw two cloaked figures running towards a group of people Aurora thought might be her family. She and Perdido began running as well. They already had Soren and Soleil chained back against a wall, and quickly they added Luna and Scheven to the stockpile. They were drugged into the castle and thrown in the dungeon, which unlike Aurora's mother, Scheven had kept up with it to where they couldn't escape this time. Selene and Perdido met again, and she was excited that he was back and back together with Aurora. Aurora, her father, Perdido, Tage, Chloe, Selene, Arlie and Xayah sat down at the meeting table and discussed what they were to do with them. "At long last, they're all confined here. No escape, no more tyranny. Now, what to do with them." Beau started speaking. "I want them dead. Does anyone here oppose it?" Aurora said aggressively, slamming her fists on the table. "I like the way you think, Aurora." Arlie chimed in. Perdido and Xayah tried to calm them down as Tage spoke. "Scheven certainly deserves to die. But do the others?" Selene nodded. "Please, spare the others. They've done nothing to deserve death." Aurora glared at her sister. "Are you forgetting when they killed mother? And now you're defending them. What are you, in love with Soren or something?" the others avoided eye contact with her. "What? What did I say?" she asked. "While in Faormen, Luna and Soleil had me and Soren wed in an attempt for peace between the two families. However, me and Soren are actually happy together. I have fallen for him in the past, and I still love him. And it was only Scheven who killed mother." Aurora sat in disbelief. "How could anyone love a murderer?" she said at long last.

Selene exchanged glances with her father as Aurora spoke. "Oh, what did I miss now?" she yelled. The others nodded, then their father handed Aurora and Perdido the note from their mother. They read it, then sat in more disbelief. "So she did kill Ideus then, huh?" Xayah began to cry. Arlie put her arm around her for comfort, but it did little. "We show them no mercy." Selene cried out for fear of what was to happen to Sorren and his parents, but Perdido forced her back down. It was odd for Selene to see him again, especially since she had once loved him. She had Soren now, or at least until her sister got her hands on him. "Give the rest a fair trial. I think we can all agree in not showing Scheven much if any mercy, but the rest may have a case for themselves. If what Selene says is true, they should be given a chance to speak." Aurora sat and thought for a moment. "Let's go speak with them"

Soren heard the doors open and many footsteps approached. He looked up from his cell and watched as they walked past Scheven and him, who had cells across from each other. They went to talk to Luna, then Soleil, then him. He saw Selene standing behind her sister, who was the only one who spoke. "Is it true that you are married to my sister, happily?" she asked in a degrading tone. "I've never been happier before we truly started to connect. I love her, and I want to spend the rest of my life with her. Your family is my family now, Aurora. Please, let us be together." Selene ran to him and grabbed his hand through the bars. Aurora didn't seem to believe them. "You will be confined to your home, Soren. Selene, if you do so wish to join him you will be able to. But Soren, mark my words when I say that if anything happens to her under that roof, I shall have no more mercy left for you or any other Seegol or Lee. Do you hear me? None." Soren nodded, then watched as his wife was taken away from him once more, but he knew she would be back soon.

Tage followed the others as they went back to the discussion room. "So what are we to do with Luna and Soleil?" he asked as they sat down. "They have committed crimes, but as Selene said, maybe not worthy of death. I think that they shall stay here, in jail, together. But still in separate cells, of course. Does everyone agree with the decisions?" they all nodded. "Good. We'll carry them out tomorrow. But for tonight, we need to decide who's all going where. Perdido and I are to return to Zellarid, and I know you have gotten temporary replacements for Faormen and Rielweth. Do you think that they will be content staying there?" Aurora asked. "I heard that Masxvia does not wish to rule Rielweth, according to Luna. We'll need someone there." Selene answered. "Annabelle would likely stay as Queen of Faormen if given the chance." Xayah told them. "Xayah and I are to live in her cottage by the river. My revenge will be somewhat carried out, and I will be content with her." Arlie pointed out. "I wish to live out the rest of my days in the Archier home. I spent the most time of my life there, I want to be there for the rest of it." Tage's father pointed out. "Selene and Soren are going to the Seegol home, leaving an opening for Mirirejar and Rielweth as a whole." Tage and Chloe looked at each other with a knowing glance. She turned her head, Tage nodded, and she nodded back as they knew what Aurora was about to say. "Tage, Chloe?" she asked. "We will stay here." they said in unison, pleasing his sister.