Chapter 6

Bri.

I got up and looked at the time 3am. Its three in the morning and august still isnt home. I crawled out the bed making sure not to wake aysia who some how appeared in bed with me. I tip toed to the bathroom. I did my buisness and was headed back to bed when there was a knock on the front door. I hurried to go answer it before it woke aysia up. I swung open the door hoping it would be August but it was somebody totally different. Get dressed and head to Mercy North August got shot. Without another word he turned and walked away. Something seemed off but who was I to judge. I shut the door and ran upstairs to get aysia. I put on her shoes and then got dressed. I gradded my phone, keys and aysia before heading out. I hope everything is ok.
...
We arived at Mercy in 15 mins. I jumped out grabbed aysia and rushed in. I ran right to the front desk. Excuse me im here to see August Alsina..could you tell me what room he's in? I waited while she typed something in the computer. Ma'am he is still in surgery you will have to take a seat in the waiting room. I sat in the waiting room with aysia in my lap. I looked up to see a group of niggas looking at me. What the fuck are yall looking at? I all but yelled at them. The darkskinned one spoke up. aye ma chill we just noticed you got my nigga August daughter sitting in your lap. I nodded not knowing what to say. So what happen I asked not really wanting the answer. We dont know ma we got to our place of buisness and he was laying there bleeding out. We scoopted him up and rushed him here w- he was cut off by a guy a little shorter than August but looked just like him walking in causing a big ass scene. We all stood as the doctor camr tword us. Family Of August Right? We all nodded. Well he lost alot of blood, we managed to get the bullets out of him and he will be in here for a while. We all nodded. Can we go see him? one of his friends asked the doctor nodded and all 6 of them stood up. Ill just wait until they get done doing what they need to do. After about 10 mins they all came walking from the back looking pissed off. The darkskinned one from earlier came over to me aug wanna see you now. I nodded grabbed aysia and headed to the back. I walked in and he was watching t.v. He had a bandage wrapped around his torso and one wrapped around his left shoulder. I closed the door behind me and sat in the bed side chair. He didnt even notice I was in the room until I spoke. Hey babe he smiled weekly and slid up some. I could tell in his eyes he was in pain and I needed to know who did this. So how did you know that I was in the hospital? he asked looking me in the eyes. Somebody came and knocked on the door. His eyebrows rose so I knew Something wasnt right. Somebody like who he asked with a stern voice. I dont know him all know is it was a guy with dreds and he had on all black he knocked on the door and told me to come here cause you were shot he then just walked away. August had this look on his face that scared me shitless. What was going on!