Say hello to the intrusive thoughts

The end of the day was fast approaching and the park was getting emptier and emptier - even though there weren't many people already. It was about five p.m and the sun was already starting to sink into the sky, covering the trees with a soft golden glow. While the end-of-day rush was making people hurry, two people were comfortably seated somewhere in the park, away from curious eyes and wandering ears. Sitting face to face, they were trying to maintain a conversation, a puppy comfortably installed on the leather jacket that the boy had kindly lent him - or rather given him, he couldn't bring himself to get his garment back while watching this adorable face rolling in it.

"- then Yongbok joined them. It was...funny ? Or not. The jokes weren't funny, but seing them laugh like that was funny." Minho said, smiling, while remembering the scene that transpired a day ago.

Seing the way Minho's eyes shine at the mention of his fellow group-mates, the Stay smiled too, knowing that she made the right choice when she decided to stan Stray Kids. Even before she met them, she was convinced that they were good people who cared about each other.

She had had her share of doubt during times when fandom was under strain, she already couldn't help but doubt people and their intentions, so to trust people who might as well have been completely different off camera was demanding. She had had her fair share of experience as a K-pop fan. As the years went by, she found herself interested in different bands, now it wasn't hard for her to understand who was sincere and who was not. Sure, it was all guesswork, but some bands just had that different vibe and she literally felt it, even through the screen of her phone. Unfortunately, speaking out in the cruel and unforgiving world of K-pop was practically a death wish. Most fans held their idols in high esteem and were willing to defend them body and soul. Thus, she couldn't make it possible to say that she thought Person A from Group A was arrogant or that Person B from Group B was being mean to Person C. So she had made the choice to no longer comment on or take an interest in anything other than the music and content that her favorite artists were offering, limiting her interactions with the fandoms to a minimum.

But it had only taken her a few hours to realize that all those years she had spent following those boys, growing up with them and seeing them become respectable people had not been in vain. Talking to Minho had turned that flame of pride into a burning inferno that consumed her whole body and bathed her in a comforting warmth. She too had been a Stray before being a Stay. Perhaps she still was ?

"I didn't expect Seungmin to join them. It's true that he is savage on cameras but even if he is funny most of the times, he act rather annoyed when the 00s fool around." she said in Korean, thinking about this kind of Seungmin, one who would joke with dumb and dumber without pretending that it annoys him. She actually switched in Korean in the middle of their conversation without noticing it. Minho did not raise a question at that as he understood a few hours ago that her Korean was in fact very good and that she was fluent. She was not good enough to be considered as bilingual though - or trilingual..? She just seemed to have a low, very low self-esteem, and it was getting obvious as the discussion carried on.

"Seungmin is a big softy. He wanna keep his 'Dandy Boy' image but he truly is a cute puppy. He always ask me if I need help when I'm cooking and he always makes sure to taste Felix's pastries and give him an honest feedback."

"That's why this little guy is named Minnie, they are both incredible." she answered softly, smiling fondly at her sleeping dog.

"Minho. Min. Minnie. I am a part of him too." Minho said jokingly, looking at her with a careful eye to gauge her reaction.

"Oh~, that's right. Now if people ask me why I named my dog Minnie I'll tell them that it's because he his named after two of my favorite person !" she applauded, smiling brightly at the dancer before shifting her gaze when she realized he was looking at her.