Entry 5: Hello

Every morning on our first class he walked up to me and say hello. This reoccurring act started on the first day of school on our senior year. We had been classmates since grade school but I never heard him say Hello to me until that day.

For a month, I didn't think much of his kind greeting. But then slowly, the hellos have a follow-up question.
"How's your morning?"
"Did you finish reading the assigned chapter last night?"
"Do you know this part of the lesson?"
And each time he asked, it made me answer and talked more and more.

By the end of the first month, I finally had my turn to ask.
"Why are you bothering me?" From how I picture the moment in my head, I didn't sound rude. And when I said it, I was wrong.

I was about to rephrase my question to him when he interjected and gave me his reply. I wouldn't have expected it. I never saw him give out any signs of preference or showed he liked me. So I was speechless when he asked.
"Are you free this Friday?" And a follow-up one. "Can I take you out to dinner?"

It started with his hellos. I couldn't imagine the reason behind those casual greeting and random conversation was because he wanted to take me out on a date. Though for some unknown reason, I actually said yes. You had to admire his subtle and innocent approach. At least he went straight to the point when I asked.

It was one of his traits I admired. He was straightforward.

-----

Happy reading everyone!