What are you doing Drew?

Ugh! Not again! I get that Jake is upset but I just can't stand the fact that he's making me walk Oreo EVERY DAY!! Milo thought to himself

He wouldn't even tell me what is going on! All he said was something about school and drew. Ahhhh Drew hasn't visited for SO LONGGGG, I miss him so much. He gave himself a pity look in the mirror before heading out. 

Milo and Drew had been friends since Milo was a kid. Drew was like another big brother to Milo. Drew had always been there for him when he needed him. He brought him toys and gifts every holiday. Milo looked up to Drew, he wanted to be just as cool, and just as confident. 

Milo was enjoying the fresh air that evening, and Oreo sure was having a good time. They played fetch and tag and ran around. That's when Milo noticed a magenta-haired person, standing beside a tree looking out to the lake. 

"DREW?!!!" exclaimed Milo running from a distance, Drew turned around startled then hid something behind his back. Milo slowly stop in front of Drew, panting from running just like his dog beside him. 

"Drew! I haven't seen you in SO LONGG!! I miss you so much!!" Milo jumped up and down then gave Drew a big tight hug. Milo looked up at him with a big smile

He looks just like his big brother  Drew smiled back. 

Drew looked a little bit uneasy, Milo wasn't sure what was going on. "Drew, why don't you come over anymore?? Jake said something about you being a bad friend, what happened?" Milo was worried as he stared into Drew's eyes. 

"I- Well- um..." Drew put his hand behind his neck, and that's when Milo saw it. 

"Drew?! is that a... cigarette?!" Milo's eyes widened and pointed at what was in his hand

"Drew, what are you doing?! Do you know how bad that is for you?" Milo gasped. Drew's eyes widened as well

"I know, Milo. I'm sorry," he said sheepishly.

Milo suddenly noticed a few things about Drew.  He looked tired and worn out, and there was a sadness in his eyes that Milo had never seen before. Milo was taken aback. He had never seen Drew like this before. He had always been so confident and self-assured.

"What's going on, Drew?" Milo was so worried,
Drew would never do that for fun, it's he even said it himself "it's not cool to smoke"

Drew didn't know what to say, he didn't want to tell him all the things his brother said to him. That'd be bad for their siblinghood. 

"I don't know, Milo. I don't know what's wrong with me" Drew said, his voice cracking with emotion.

"It just feels like in school, everybody thinks I'm that big tough dude with no insecurities at all. That's why I made fun of everyone, especially the music club" Drew tried to explain

Milo knew that Drew was kind of a bully but he didn't know that he picked on people THAT MUCH. 

Milo and Drew just sat there, silently tho not awkwardly

"You don't think... I'm toxic?" Drew asked, the word ringed in his head as he said it. 

"No! Drew! You know.. You've always been like a big bro to me! I looked up to you in a lot of things you do" Milo said with a smile, Drew turned around to look at Milo. They both lay down on the grass. "Every time I felt weak, I just thought of how strong and tough you are! Then I get a rush of energy to stand up for myself!" They both chuckled. 

"Yeah, I should try to be a better role model sometimes," Drew said, looking at the sky. 

Oreo felt left out and he jumped on both of them. They laughed and played together, Milo was glad to have Drew back. 

"Oh yeah and Drew? Did you tell Jake about it?" Milo asked. Immediately Drew's bright smile faded "Well... I don't think Jake and I are friends anymore" 

"WHAT???!!!"