The Meet Up At The Park

Flashback:

ugh, where did Zoey go, I thought she wanted to go out after school  Drew was walking down the corridor with books in his hands. 

Drew was going to his locker when he was greeted by his two idiotic friends. 

"Hey Drew! Are you good man?" Henry asked, Liam waved as well.

"Yeah- I'm fine" Drew wasn't in the mood. As much as he loves the Jomies, he didn't want to see them right now, after all the drama.

Drew decided to get some fresh air and walk around outside. Drew was deep in thought, contemplating how to get Jake back.

"Ow! Hey!" Drew hit someone and was knocked to the ground. It was Lia! She looked down at the collapsed Drew. "Drew?! What happened to you? You look horrible!" Lia exclaimed, "no offence-" she quickly added while helping Drew up.

"I'm okay, thank you for asking" Drew gave a sarcastic eye roll. Drew looked down at the ground, offence taken

He dusted himself off, ready to go the other way

"Wait Lia?" Drew turned around

"hm? yes drew?" Lia looked up from her phone

"Do you know anything about... a recording?"

_------------------------------------------------------------------------------------_

(main character moment, prepare for some descriptive writing)

Drew took life as it came and never let the world's stresses get the better of him. He found himself on the park bench, smoking a cigarette on a peaceful Friday evening, it was no surprise that he felt entirely at ease.

The sun had already set, casting a warm orange glow across the sky. A light breeze rustled the leaves of the nearby trees, and the occasional car could be heard in the distance. But Drew paid no attention to any of this. He simply sat back on the bench, taking a slow drag from his cigarette and letting the smoke swirl around his head.

As he exhaled, he closed his eyes and felt a wave of calm wash over him. The week's stresses melted away, and he felt himself slipping into a state of deep relaxation. The world around him seemed to fade into the background, and he was left alone with his thoughts and his smoke.

"Drew?" 

Drew gasped and almost choked on air as he sat straight. 

"Lia! Oh my gosh, Hi. You scared the heck out of me!" Drew turned around to see his friend, Lia, who he was meeting today. 

"heh, sorry, you just looked really peaceful and calm" Lia chuckled. She dusted the bench and took a seat next to Drew. 

"I thought you quit smoking" Lia glared at the cigarette in his hands. 

"Well yeah... I only stopped because Jake told me to" Drew muttered as he continued smoking. 

"May I have one?" Lia asked

"You want a cigarette?! No! Why? It's horrible for your body!" Drew broke out.  Lia flinched when Drew turned to yell at her. 

Drew covered his mouth. "uh, sorry, I'm being a hypocrite again" Drew leaned forward on the bench. 

He let out a frustrated sigh and buried his face in his hands. He felt like the weight of the world bearing down on him. "Sorry Lia... I- I just don't know what to do anymore..." Drew stared down at the ground. 

"I'm so sorry Drew!"Lia cried out, Drew was startled for he did not know that was going to happen. He looked back to see Lia in the same position sobbing in her hands.

"I sent the recording to the music club, I was selfish, I didn't even consider the consequence!" Lia panicked. 

"He's always ditching us! I just couldn't stand it, but now... I'm the reason why everyone's falling apart"

Lia hugged Drew tightly. Drew didn't know what to do, he understands that feeling. He's horrible at comforting. 

"It's okay... Lia" Drew cringed put patted her back. 
"I understand," He said with an encouraging smile

Lia looked at him, eye to eye. Then she thought of an idea. 

"Drew! I know I messed everything up but you can still fix things! Zoey gave me the whole entire recording from when Jake defended the freaks. She told me to edit that out, but I still have the original version" Lia pulled out her phone from her pocket

"Are you thinking what I'm thinking?" Drew said with a horrified expression.

"Yes! I'll send it to you so you can confront the mus-"

"No no no!! I can't do that" Drew put his hands up to defend himself

"Please, Drew. You have to do it! For Jake" Lia put held Drew's hands tightly.

Drew stared into her eyes, then looked down.

"For Jake..."