Drew?...

"DREW!" Henry screamed at the top of his lungs as he charged at him. Both of them stumbled to the floor. Henry clung to Drew tightly as everyone else joined them. The crying and yelling from this corner overpowered the whole room.

Jake stared at everyone in shock, he watched as the man chuckled and helped all of them up. He gave a tight hug to everyone except for Zoey. Jake was busy staring at the soft smile on his ex-best friend's face. He looked so much happier, so much healthier and more mature than Drew in high school. Drew had a slender body and his features were just, wow...

Jake stared at this scene in disbelief. There was no way that this overly handsome guy, who plays the FREAKING VIOLIN, who has the most beautiful eyes, and hair and everything, who looked so mature, so intelligent, who popped out of nowhere, was his ex-bestfriend. The Drew who bullied the music band in highschool, the Drew that scared everyone at school, the most popular guy in school, the rich boy, the Drew that...

Jake gagged slightly before covering his mouth. Every single time, the thought of Drew brings him traumatic imagination. Jake knew what he did to Drew was unacceptable, he knew and carried the guilt with him for the past 5 years. His heart breaks completely and the feeling of being a monster towered over him. The past haunts him, just like how it does with the person staring at him in distaste at this moment. Zoey.

Zoey stared at Jake with a discontent but understanding look. She knows that the presence of Drew is a lot to take in, and she sighed. She did not try to approach Jake nor Drew, she simply stayed as bystander.

Jake notices that Drew glanced multiple curious and suspicious looks at Zoey, who was keeping her distance. He also notices how much Zoey has changed. She seems a tiny bit more friendlier, more mature. Definitely not the same golddigger from highschool who always clung onto her precious "Drewy-bear"

Jake snapped back into reality when he witness a shocking scene. When Lia kissed Drew's forehead. At that sudden moment, Jake felt an ache in his chest, he didn't know what that was but he felt somewhat uneasy.

"It's so nice to see you," She said quietly as they hugged again.

Drew gave Liam a brotherly hug while patting on each other's back.

He pulled away from everyone and smiled

"It's nice to see you guys in real life" He said while smiling.

In real life? What does he mean 'in real life'??
Jake thought in shock

That was when Drew turned around to see Jake

His vision focused on Jake, Jake felt his heart crumble, what would his reaction be? Is he mad? Is he still heartbroken? Is he going to turn away from Jake and leave him again?

Jake felt his hand get sweaty as he tried to dry it on his pants.

Drew's eyes widened for a split second, he didn't know what to say but he spoke anyways.

I looked at him, what is that reaction? I froze, unable to do anything. My eyes burned, i wanted to hug him tightly, tell him how sorry I was, but i couldn't

"Hi, Um, I.." I managed to say

Drew raised an eyebrow, his stare, his judgmental look, it kills me, but i loved it.

WAIT WOAH- WHAT AM I THINKING? What is wrong with me?!
Jake snapped back into reality once again, seeing Drew's confused reaction, Drew probably thought he was just nervous so he tried to be friendly and take the first step.

"Oh! Jake! Is it? I think I bumped into one of your friends the other day, Hailey? Right?" Drew said with his usual calm demeanour as he looked over to Zoey for confirmation, Zoey just looked a Drew blankly.

The two kind of just stared at each other for a moment, then Zoey shrugged
"How would I know?!" She said, almost innocently, which made Jake cringe really hard

Drew stared at her blankly then grimaced at the lack of helpfulness Zoey is. He sighed and then turned back to Jake

"Yeah.. sorry about her, she's just like that," Drew said, glaring at Zoey while Zoey raise up her hands in surrender as if she was innocent

"Anyways, she said that we should probably produce some music together and catch up or something," Drew said with a shrug.

Jake stared at Drew, still unable to process that Drew was speaking to him as if he was stranger. How come he treated everyone else as friends except for him! Did he forget about Jake? What in the world is happening

"Um, so Jake. Are you going to be down for it? Maybe meet up sometime in the future, I'm staying in this city for a while so-" Drew asked, putting his hand in his pocket while shifting his weight to one leg

Jake then thought for a second. He kind of wanted to meet the new Drew. Maybe it wouldn't be so bad if Drew forgot about him, maybe they can reforge their friendship.

He looked over to Liam, Henry and Lia. Who looked excited about their future. Then he looked at Zoey. Shaking her head and sighing with disappointment and disapproval. He looked at Drew's extended hands and then at Drew.

...

Challenge accepted