Chapter 32

Ramadan Kareem!!! 🌙

So you probably guess it, this book is going to be on hold for this month but- BUT I have Ramadan project, something light ok maybe not that light but not as intense and vivid like this book, delves into various things and is a spiritual journey. So if you want you can read that during Ramadan.

So, In'sha'Allah, I will be back after completing that and I will be writing down some chapters for this book if I can to help move through the plot quicker.

I finally want to say, make the most of this blessed month, but don't put too much pressure on yourself, it's a whole month use it entirely and to your advantage. Try your best.

I'll be praying for everyone's well-being and In'sha'Allah see you on Eid day(btw have you got your Eid outfits together? I bought mine early this year and I don't know if I like it 😭😭)

She stood in the middle of the hotel suite he had hired for the night.

Still adorned in her wedding outfit, she stood staring at the hand that had signed the contract and had been kissed by his lips.

Her heart tightened, this felt like too much happiness in such a short amount of time.

She remembered the last conversation she had outside the orphanage.

Salman stood beside her as they waited for Mikhail to bring his car round.

"Khush ho?" He asked.

"Hmm?"

"Tum khush ho beti?"

"Ji. Bohot khush." She replied smiling at him.

He responded with a brightened smile.

"May Allah keep you forever happy." He placed his hand on her head, "Don't hesitate to call me if anything happens, I won't spare a minute in straightening that boy out, even if he is twice my size."

They both chuckled as they stood beside each other. He pulled her into a side embrace and she lowered her head onto his shoulder.

"I want this happiness to last forever."

"In'sha'Allah it will, in this life and the next."

"In'sha'Allah." She echoed.

In her heart she wished that he could have been her father. In her head, played out a fantasy of him her father and her mother alive. Away from these vicious people and games, but in the end she knew that it was all but a fantasy. The reality wasn't as kind, she wasn't as blessed as she'd like to be.

She snapped back to reality hearing a rustling sound.

She looked at the handsome man in front of her, the one that would make her avert her gaze and for her heart to speed up. The one who made her feel secure within her skin. The one that was able to wipe away any memory of every misfortune that had befallen upon her with just his scent.

He was her saviour.

He smiled at her, acknowledging her.

"Take a seat Alay-"

"Take me." She cut him off, stepping closer.

The courage it had taken to utter those words to her man was immeasurable.

"What?" He asked befuddled, and expecting to have misheard her. He closed the gap between them swiftly. His hand rested on her forearm.

"Make me yours Mikhail." She whispered breathlessly. Words that she never thought she'd ever say.