4.Training Arc (1)

3 Days Later

Kawaki Pov

Today marks the beginning of my training. I'm filled with determination because I'll finally learn how to kill demons while also protecting myself and others.

"Okay, kid. Before we begin your training, I want to ask you again. Are you sure you want to proceed? Because from now on, I'll train you like an adult. No holding back," Sensei says, taking a drag from his cigarette.

"Yes, Sensei!" I yell out, my resolve unwavering.

"That's what I like to hear!" he exclaims, tossing his almost finished cigarette to the ground.

Training Time

"Alright, kid, first things first," Sensei began, pointing towards the mountain top. "Your first task: run from here to there twenty times."

"Seems like a piece of cake," I replied casually, earning a smirk from him.

"Piece of cake, huh? Well, hold your horses. There's more. You'll be hauling this bag along," he said, handing me the bag. But as soon as I took it, the bag crashed to the ground with a thud.

"What on earth is in this bag!?" I exclaimed, struggling to lift it as it shifted slightly.

"I've stuffed it with big rocks. You'd better finish before afternoon, or dinner's off the menu," he warned, watching as I heaved the bag onto my back, feeling the immediate strain.

~Timeskip~

"Oh, finally! It's time to rest," I exclaimed as I sank my tired body into the soothing waters of the hot spring.

"The stars are truly beautiful," I whispered to myself, gazing up at the twinkling night sky.

"Will I visit my mother's grave again soon?" I pondered quietly after a few moments, emerging from the hot spring to take a refreshing shower.

Once I finished my shower and dried off, I slipped into a comfortable men's yukata to use as makeshift pajamas, only to be interrupted by a knock at the door.

"Who is it?" I called out.

"It's me, Hinata. Can I come in?" she responded.

"You may enter," I replied, watching as she slid open the door, holding a tray laden with a feast of food.

"I heard you missed dinner. I brought you something to eat," Hinata said, her smile lighting up the room.

"Yes, I am feeling rather hungry now. Thank you, Hinata," I graciously accepted the meal and took a bite.

"Wow, this is delicious, Hinata!" I exclaimed gleefully, savoring the taste of the homemade dish.

"I'm glad you enjoy it," she replied, her cheeks blushing slightly.

"You have a talent for cooking. You would make a wonderful wife someday," I complimented her, causing her to blush even deeper.

"What? Are you feeling unwell, Hinata?" I teased, reaching out to touch her forehead.

"N-no, it's nothing. How was your training?" she quickly changed the subject.

"It was challenging, to say the least. Your father certainly doesn't go easy on me," I shared, finishing the last morsels of food and sipping on the hot tea.

"Allow me to clean up," Hinata offered, trying to take the tray from me, but I insisted on washing it myself to show my gratitude for her kindness.

"No, let me wash it. You've done enough, Hinata. It's the least I can do," I insisted, gently pulling the tray back from her grasp.

"I'm insisting, Ushita-san," she smiled mischievously.

"I'm sorry, Hinata, but as a man, I believe I should take care of the household duties myself," I explained as we playfully tugged back and forth over who should wash the dishes.

Suddenly, in the midst of our playful banter, the tray was jolted, causing the tea to spill and land on me, leaving a faint scent of tea in the air.

"I-I'm so sorry, Ushita-san!" Hinata immediately apologized, grabbing her handkerchief to dab at my face.

"No need to apologize, Hinata. I can take care of it," I reassured her, holding her hand gently.

"No, let me help-!" she began but slipped, causing her to fall and inadvertently push me to the ground, her body close to mine.

All of sudden, someone just slide the door causing both of us look at the person.

"Oi, kid! I hope you're asleep becau-!" sensei abruptly entered the room, witnessing our awkward position.

"..."

"..."

"You have three seconds to explain before I run this sword through your ass," he threatened, a murderous glint in his eye as he brandished his sword menacingly.

"AHHHH!" I cried out in terror, unsure of how to explain the compromising situation.

TO BE CONTINUED