6.Hanging Out

Few Weeks Later

Kawaki Pov

It's been a few weeks since I learned the breathing technique. I was honestly surprised when Sensei introduced his own breathing technique.

The dark breathing has eight forms, but I managed to learn two of them. Sensei was surprised when I mastered two forms in less than a month. He said that I'm a fast learner.

~Flashbacks~

"Good. Keep it up," he said as I blocked his attack using a training sword.

"Come on, kid. Try to counter-attack as fast as you can," he said as I dashed toward him at high speed and appeared behind him.

"It looks like you're the one who needs to counter it, Sensei," I said, smirking when the sword was almost an inch from his neck.

Then he suddenly grew a smirk, which confused me.

"Good kid. But you need to look down for a second," he said, and as I looked down, I saw his sword at my stomach.

"Make sure not to let your guard down," he said, leaving me lost in my own thoughts.

~Flashbacks End~

Currently, I'm in the middle of chopping onions to help Hinata cook lunch.

"So... what are we cooking again?" I asked.

"Chicken curry. After you finish chopping the onions, I want you to heat the stove, okay?" She replied as I nodded.

"Hey, um... Ushita-san. Can I ask you something?" She asked.

"Sure, I guess?"

"Actually, there's a festival going on tonight."

"And...?"

"Do you want to go with me?" She asked shyly.

"Sure. I mean, it's just us and Sensei too, right?" I asked as she shook her head.

"No! I mean, do you want to go just the two of us?" She said quietly, her face turning red.

"I guess I can, but what about your father? Did he give you permission to go somewhere alone with a man?"

"Just go with her, dammit," Sensei suddenly appeared behind my back, startling me.

"S-Sensei! What are you doing here!?" I asked.

"Wow, Sensei is really good at hiding his presence," I thought as Sensei stared at me.

"Because this is my house? Anyway, I already gave her permission to go with you tonight. Make sure to bring my sword and come home safe, or I'll kill ya," he said while unsheathing his sword with a threatening intent.

"O-okay, Sensei," I stuttered nervously as he sheathed his sword back.

"Is the food done already? I'm starving," he said while yawning loudly.

~Timeskip At Night~

It was nighttime, and it was time to go to the New Year festival. I was wearing a black yukata, while Hinata was wearing a pink yukata with a flower pattern on it.

"How do I look?" She asked, smiling as I gave her a thumbs-up gesture.

"It looks cute on you," I said, causing her cheeks to turn slightly red.

"T-Thanks," she stuttered.

"Well then, let's go, shall we?" Before we could leave, Yami-sensei showed up.