08• Our run aways

The past two days were extremely busy because I had numerous papers to process with Linyu. Although he was overly focused, I also discovered that he was down to earth and a good company. In general, his friendliness and charisma made several medical staff and patients happy. The bright smiles that the patients showered him in situations where they might cry was astonishing.

The one thing that hadn't happened these past days was being recognized by Noel. Our conversation had nothing more than my random enquires. Furthermore, I failed to stop, though I felt desperately clingy.

I closed the door — which caused a thud sound to echo in the quiet house. An hour at the grocery store made me tired and hungry. I walked toward the kitchen, then prepared a quick meal that I could eat before the shopping meetup. Victoria and Katana agreed that they would pick me up. Other than that, she said that there would a surprise at the end of the day.

After an hour of preparation, Victoria and Katana stood at the entrance — excited as we hugged.

"Today will be wonderful!" Victoria yelled excitedly. "I've made the perfect plans for tonight."

"I'm really curious." Katana giggled as she opened the door of the luxurious pink car. I noticed that the car was Katana's — based on the costume design. Immediately after we had boarded the car and were fully settled, Katana turned on the music as she drove by the gate.

We arrived several minutes after the long drive. Victoria was stubborn and demanded that we drive to her frequented shopping centre — which was a forty-minute drive from home. Moreover, I spent the whole distance praying because Katana was a speedy, reckless driver. The multiple times that we asked her to slow down were in vain due to her usual comeback about being the eldest.

When we arrived at the shopping centre, Victoria pulled us from store to store until our feet burned up. Nevertheless, the shopping addicts continued their clothing search for the perfect dresses. Despite my low budget, I was glad that at the end of the day, my shopping bag had two novels that I purchased.

It was in the afternoon when we finished our search after a lunch break. Half an hour later, we went to Victoria's house. The house was located in the residential areas of Corbella — a walkable distance from the Parschels' mansion. It had a colourful atmosphere — the plants that surrounded the house and the interior designs were mesmerizing.

After a while of being stuck in Vicky's dressing room — They advised me to pick something elegant and classy that I could wear for the night's surprise. Even though I refused, after two attempts, Katana chose a long half–shoulder black dress for me. To my surprise, the clothes that they bought had my size, including the clear pearl jewelry set and white heels.

After I was done with the dress up and makeup, Katana clapped her hands excitedly. Victoria was dressed in a flawless, sky-blue dress that held on to her curvy body. Her fixed blue contacts added on to the beautiful look— though her hair was curled to a wavy form, she made a high bun with loose strands of hair left to caress her shoulders.

Katana picked a similar styled dress to mine, unlike mine, it had a high thigh slit like Victoria's. It was a combination of both dresses, yet each stood unique from the others. Her height made the long, red dress to be a perfect fit.

When we were all done with the preparations, Victoria smiled, then pulled out two cards. "We are going to Leticia's engagement party."