13• Our bike dates

My hands trembled as I hugged the large-sized pillow on my bed. Even though I felt the tears that escaped my eyes, and saw the black eyeliner marks on my sheets, I couldn't care less about it. The disappointment of ditching the afternoon classes made me cry more. My father would be troubled if he ever found out that what he assumed might actually happen.

I sniffed the wetness in my nose, then pulled my phone closer to me. The first thing that I saw was a message from Noel and Victoria. Victoria asked about ticking me present in the afternoon register, which I responded positively to. Thereafter, I opened Noel's message.

Pretty boy [heart emoji]
Thought I'd invite you to lunch.
Where'd you go?

sent two hours ago •

Me : Got a headache and a flu.

I rubbed my forehead, then snorted. After I had discussed with Linyu in the morning, I couldn't control the urge to disappear. Hence, I decided to get a sick leave and rest at home. Luckily, it had to be the first sick leave I'd gotten in two years; the school nurse believed me. A smile suddenly crossed my face when I noticed the typing icon on the conversation bar.

Pretty boy [heart emoji] : Should I come over?
Class will be over in forty mins.

I stared at the watch, which read three o'clock in the afternoon. A short-lived smile stretched my lips before I remembered that father was home. Subsequently, I crossed my arms and sighed. If Noel and father bumped into each other, my grave might be dug earlier than expected. Father being overprotective and Noel's stubbornness would be the last thing I would experience.

Me : I got some medicine.
         I'll be better soon.
         Dad is with me now.
• seen

Pretty boy : Alright.
Laters.

After several hours of rest, I sat at the study desk — getting ready for the online group discussion. Luckily, Victoria and Evangeline had been assigned to be my group mates. I covered my body with the yellow blanket that Noel had used. Momentarily, my lips formed a creepy smirk when the video call started.

My attention was immediately fixed on Victoria and Evangeline — as usual, Vicky had her bedtime shaggy look whilst Evangeline sat on the sofa with a cup in her hands. "Is my connection okay?" Vicky asked when her screen randomly froze.

"It's awful." I couldn't hold the laughter that escaped when she cussed on the phone. "What's wrong?"

"I— network — again—but, I know, right?" My eyebrows pressed, then a small smile replaced the worry on my face. It had to be the first time that her network was terrible, moreover, I had experienced that too often that I assumed the applications were against me. "I—text."

"Oh, you can send a message in the chat." Evangeline shyly smiled, then placed the ceramic cup on the keyboard. "She says that her network has been unstable since last night. It got better in the afternoon today, but she doesn't know what suddenly happened. Hashtag, can you believe the audacity."

We became silent for several seconds before Evangeline laughed out loud. I covered my mouth, then giggled. "It's not fu— funny." Victoria pouted her lips when the screen glitched.

"Oh, my." Evangeline and I continued laughing until Victoria logged out. "She left?"

"She'll be back soon." I paused, then shrugged. "Her anger lasts for ten minutes maximum."